2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
197 Posts
you are going to have a couple of good sources for materials and tools as well as books and videos... mudhole.com is the first one and it havs the biggest selection for materials and education then there is cabelas tackle craft. they have some materials and a couple of videos. you can get a stand pretty cheap I think flex coat mkaes one that sells for around 65.00 a rod kit is an ok Idea for your first but if you dont like the color threads that come with it order what you want and just use the colors you want and save the rest you may want them later. rod building is very addictive and you will look at reels diferently now. instead of asking your self what type of rod you would buy for that reel you will say I wonder what I could build for that reel to make it look sweet. at least that is what i do now. the videos that artie hebert puts out are awesome they helped me alot and then having skipjack there whith me while I working helped quite a bit too. I dont know where you are but if there is someone around there that builds rods and is good check them out and see if they are willing to give you a few pointers.

Ramon

· Registered
197 Posts
Junior the video you need to get by Artie hebert is called how to build custom rods step by step. he regulary hangs out at Robstruelies.com there is a message board there that he posts on. just remember yto take pics for yourself so you can see how things change over time not to mention for us to see.

Ramon

· Registered
197 Posts
junior you should go over to the robs true lies board and ask artie where to get his video. I belive that cabelas nd mudhole sells them. I have the whole set and brother they are gonna help you out a bunch. check with Artie about the video he will tell you what to do as far as how to get one.

Ramon

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.