2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I have a few pieces that I'm looking to sell off to get another, now my question is how do you get the right value? I found the listed values in a used gun book at gander, but the prices are 30% lower than the same piece listed on gunbroaker.com so am I below actual value or is that site just a little high?

·
Aspiring professional pot-stirrer.
20,198 Posts
What "Used gun book"? Fjeistad's (I think that's how you spell it) Blue Book is pretty much the industry standard: of course, they can't exactly keep up with the ups and downs of the market like we've seen lately. If you really want to get serious about it, Collector's Firearms will do appraisals...

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pulled this off their web and will post it up jic its pulled up in a search

Appraisals

We would like to extend to our web page viewers our appraisal services. We will be happy to provide a written appraisal of your firearm(s) and give you any historical information we know about your firearm(s). If you want to know what it is, how much it's worth, or the history of it, this is how to do it. We must view your firearm(s) in person. We are unable to appraise firearms from pictures or from written descriptions. For this service we charge $70 for the first firearm and $50 for each additional firearm. Should you be interested in this service please contact us to make arrangements. As mentioned above we also offer reference books on grading and pricing.

·
<***********>< Fish on.
3,101 Posts
you could check out gunbroker.com to see what similar items may be selling for. Also, Shooters Bible (if they are still around) can give you an idea of value.

·
Old Man
7,686 Posts
if you live near a city/town that has a good gun shop you might ask them to do an appraisal for insurance/resale purpose.
Nagels in San Antonio will rate it based ok blue book value and condition. DWilliams is right too collectors will give you good appraisal as well

·
Cajun 2 da Bone
4,083 Posts
Take your guns to Brileys or Larry Feland, a close inspection will give you a better idea of what they are worth.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well thanks for the info and I have now had my question answered.. recd a pm by RACER a local 2cooler and a sponsor wanting to help me out on my appraisal and so that’s where we ended up. Glad I did, he was very helpful in getting me lined out on a price and in the right direction on my next move. Think I found my new one stop shop for buying firearms, liked the prices, knowledge, and the company! It’s one of those kinds of good old boy shops that you can hang out in chew the fat or just get right down to business. Thanks Gordon for all your help, like I said I’ll see you in the next few weeks when I decide on what direction we are going in.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
They have several good gun value books at the book stores(Walden books Barnes &Noble), this will get in you the ball park. A professional service if your unsure or have rare firearms.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts