2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Kayak Fisher
7,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The miracle of Christ's atonement for our sins when he died on the cross was accompanied by other miracles that validated his credentials.

The curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom.

This was the very thick curtain that covered the entrance to the "holy of holies," the place where only the high priest of Israel could enter, and only on one day each year. On that day, the priest would first make a sacrifice for his own sins, then enter the holy of holies with the blood from a perfect lamb to make a sacrifice for the sins of all Israel. He would poor the blood of the lamb over the top of the ark of the covenent.

As the high priest was performing this duty, he would jiggle his robe which had bells sewn into the hem. He made this noise to let people know that he was still alive, for if God had not accepted the sacrifice for his personal sins, he would be struck dead when he entered the holy of holies.

This very thick, very large curtain was supernaturally torn from the top to the bottom as an indication that it was torn by God and not man. Because the ultimate price for our sin had been paid by the perfect Lamb of God, entrance to the holy of holies (the presence of God) is now open to all. The only requirement is that we accept the blood of Jesus as payment for our sin.

Ask Jesus to forgive your sin and come into your life today. If you want to do that, you can pray this simple prayer:

Jesus, I know that I'm a sinner and need your forgiveness. I believe that you are the Son of God and that you died to pay the penalty for my sin, then rose again. Please forgive me. I give my life to you and ask you to come into my heart and show me how to live in a way that pleases you. Thank you for saving me. Amen.

If you sincerely reached out to Jesus and prayed that prayer from your heart, Jesus has washed your sins away by the power of his blood, and you now possess eternal life. You have the righteousness of Christ, and you've been adopted into God's family and he is your Heavenly Father. To find out all the many blessings and promises that God has for you as his child, read the New Testament portion of the Bible, and thank God for his mercies!

The devil will tell you that none of this is true, but he was a liar from the beginning and is the "accuser of the brethren." Submit yourself to God, resist the devil and he will flee from you. Greater is he that is in you (Jesus) than he that is in the world (devil). You have the victory if you will take it. Read the Bible to gain spiritual strength.

·
Banned
214 Posts
Right on.....God teaches us this...."And everyone who calls on the Name of the Lord WILL be saved..." Acts 2:21 Also...."That if we confess with our mouth, Jesus is Lord, and believe in our hearts that God raised him(Jesus) from the dead, we will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified and it is with your mouth you confess and are saved." Romans 10:9-10
What is so great about God...it isn't nessesarily the words we speak that save us...it is what is in our hearts God looks at. One of the theifs on his cross on one side of Jesus said these words to Jesus...."Lord, remember me........" Jesus told him, "From this moment on, you WILL be with Me in Paraidse." Awesome !!!
God is SO good and loving and SO full of Grace !!! Give our Great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, ALL the praise and glory and honor !!! Amen !!!

·
Banned
27 Posts
Yep....the bad things in a non christian's life God desires that it draws them to Him....the sufferings in a christinas life God desires it brings us closer to Him...and to develope actions of Christ. I don't think our sufferings in life make us a Christian....only trusting in and recieving Jesus(John 1:12)...and confessing Jesus is Lord is what makes us Christians...His children. The sufferings in our Christian lives is what will make us better Christians......don't you all think?

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
Betty;

I don't know how to describe what I have to say here, but like always, bear with me. Do you realize how important this post is? Ending that last sentence with a preposition doesn't matter.

When the disciples asked the Lord when these things (His return) will happen He responded in His usual manner in drawing the picture of signs when the seasons change when trees bloom, when the weather shows evidence of rain and, to me, everyday that passes is a day closer to the day when he does return.

Being drawn to Christ happens to a person as (and when) Christ is invited into a person's life. To me, Christ works through each one of us in a thousand ways. Through other people, through incidents in our lives, through dreams, through growing older, through loss of loved ones, through finally awakening to the fact that this earth and everything living on it DID NOT and COULD NOT have happened by accident or by some Big Bang theory. Finally, after long waiting God sees in each one of us the slow "coming around" realizing that it's time to do some real searching.

Thanks to the help of others including my great friend Dr. Davis, writings by authors far more knowledgable, trained and educated on the subject of Christianity (not to mention the most important - the bible) AND the always important source of encouragement by people like Mr. and Mrs. Backlasher (and many others) and by going to church and bible study did it cross my mind to consider Christianity has that one little weird twist in it that makes it all too real....consistency and all the many people who documented their statements that what they saw actually happened...whether it was one of the million miracles Jesus did or the most important one....His resurrection.

This is a very important post. High five Mrs. B!! CF?

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
He loved us before we loved him

Good post ms B. i think that the hrdest part to becoming a christian, is realizing the fact that I was a sinner,and needed to accept CHRIST as my personnel savior, once you make this decision John 3:16 pretty much says it all.

For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Jim

·
Texan
675 Posts
AMEN! Whether you get dunked, drizzled, slain in the spirit, or whatever..... the point is still confess with your mouth, acknowledge your sin, accept the gift of his blood, and then follow his word. I think at times too many of us get caught up in "denominational" issues and forget that my Bible tells the same truth other Bibles. The word of our Lord and his purpose remains the same.

Lord, I pray that each one that reads this message continues to grow in your loving spirit. Allow us the strength and courage to witness to others in your name. I pray that we reach the lost and help lead them to your matchless love. May we fill our churches with with new believers standing beside people that have known you for years. Let us not turn away from our witness to them because of their personal past, their addictions, or their race or nationality. We know you love every soul and cherish it greatly. Forgive us of our sins and shortcomings. In your great name we pray, Amen.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I beleive more important than knowing how to become a Christian is knowing what to do to make heaven your home. John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
That is the ticket, being born again.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
one thing for sure is that we make it a lot harder than it is. GOD came to earth in the form of man in Jesus Christ, suffered like no one could ever believe, died , was buried and arose the 3rd day. Then after a while went and sat on on the right hand of GOD there to make intercession for us. All we have to do is realize that we are all sinners, open our heart up an let CHRIST come in an accept him as our own personal savior.

it is a pleasure to be able to talk to fellow christians, that do appreciate what we have. not only did GOD supply us with a savior, he gave us the best form of recreation that a person could desire-FISHIN an a wondeful place to do it .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey sock, you hit the nail on the head. Quite a few people do not know that you can be saved and be spiritually asleep. Let those who have eyes to see, see and those who have ears to hear. Life is a journey we walk out in faith, we are all works in progress. Christ's strength is made perfect in our weaknesses. If we were sinless, the He would have died in vein. I am not ashamed...and it is good to see that all of you love Him just as much as I do. You are right. You must be baptized by water, and then He will baptize you with the Holy Ghost, which is the point where the phrase"born again" comes in. God Bless and Fish on Fish lovers!

·
Galbayfisher
624 Posts
On the question of suffering..

We don't have to look for it, it will eventually come to all of us. It's how we use it and approach it. Food for thought from the letters of St Paul...

Romans 8

16 The Spirit itself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,
17 and if children, then heirs, heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if only we suffer with him so that we may also be glorified with him.
18 I consider that the sufferings of this present time are as nothing compared with the glory to be revealed for us.

Along with....

Colossians 1

24 Now I rejoice in my sufferings for your sake, and in my flesh I am filling up what is lacking in the afflictions of Christ on behalf of his body, which is the church,

These passages in Holy Scripture are reconcilable.

God Bless.

·
Kayak Fisher
7,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
fisherman's son said:
I was baptized. That is how I became a christian. I let god into my heart and asked him for forgiveness and got baptized. It wsa a magical experience.
Just to clarify for some who may not fully understand - being baptized does not make a person a Christian. A person becomes a Christian, then is baptized to identify with Jesus in his burial and resurrection. It is a testimony to all people who are present that this person is burying the old life and has risen from the water to walk a new kind of life, a life of faith in Jesus.

#1 "I let God into my heart [opened the door to Jesus, responded to the leading of the Spirit of God, basically saying "yes" to God]

#2 "and asked him for forgiveness [recognized that I'm a sinner in need of forgiveness and that only Jesus can give me the forgiveness I need]

#3 "and got baptized." This is the FIRST step of obedience to what God asks us to do as a Christian. It demonstrates the death of the old life and the beginning of a new life of faith.

God bless you, sir! Thank you for giving us your testimony. I hope you don't mind my elaborating on it. And some folks DO have a more spiritual experience during their baptism than in their repentance and confession of sin. That seems to be the case in your experience. - Mrs. B

·
Registered
97 Posts
There is only one way to come into contact with Christ's Blood. thru' baptism. Acts 2:38. baptism for the forgiveness of sin. Romans chapter 6...baptism is like a death, burial and resurrection. We arise to walk in newness of life. Thru out Acts....each example shows how folks joined Christ's church thru baptism.

a great example is Phillip and the eunuch. After Phillip explained to the eunuch about Christ ..the Eunuch asked what to do..he was told by Phillip.
He said look here is water...they both went DOWN into the water. Phillip didn't say, "just let Jesus come into your heart and you're fine"....don't wait a second is what the eunuch got from the message. Phillip didn't say, "let me get a cup for some sprinklin' water".. They both went down into the water.

Romans book rests on pillars of strength... Romans 1:5 and 16:26
obedient faith takes us thru this process of baptism. You must believe, have faith, repent....confess....but this obedient faith takes you straight to Baptism to remit your sins. then you're cleansed daily by this grace and blood. I John 1:7 (as long as we don't continue to willfully sin)
You must look at the whole picture. If the word, says believe....He's saying so in the mode of "synecti", part of a whole. you must believe which is a part of this whole process.
Yes, God is love. But God hasn't changed from the old Testament.
You believe there is a Heaven you must believe in Hell. And God is a just God.
The wrong fire in the OT brought a bad scene...so we must follow what he says in his love letter to us (the Bible)
And yes, we must strive daily not to fall away. Galatians 1: 6...actually Paul addresses this in the first 5 Chapters of Galatians.,,,
God bless those searching for the TRUTH. ACTS shows how you become a Christian...and Paul's letters show us how to stay there in the Light !!
Best Regards

1 - 20 of 133 Posts