2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Say "when"
7,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not saying anything about which candidate was better. But the turnout? Only 152,000 of y'all bothered to vote. Really?

"A little more than 152,000 residents turned out to cast ballots in the nation's fourth largest city, which has a population of 2.2 million. Of those voters, 81,743 chose Parker — some 11,000 more than voted for Locke."

·
Registered
17,211 Posts
I didn't vote for either one of them.

·
http://talesofhumor.blogspot.com/
4,635 Posts
Have I mentioned how nice and wonderful small town San Angelo is?

·
El Viejo
23,417 Posts
To me the poor folks in Houston didnt have too much to vote for..

Charlie
You got that right, Charlie... I voted..but my heart really wasn't in it..:headknock

BUT..all you 'out-of-towners'...Don't worry none about Houston.. We will survive....:D

·
Registered
12,968 Posts
I live just outside of Houston so I could not vote but I don't blame the folks in Houston. THe low turnout is sending a message. There were no good choices so what do you do. If you don't believe in either of the choices then why go vote. Good people don't seem to run because of how the system works. Who wants your whole life put under a microscope?
RT

·
Aggie Mom
5,386 Posts
I live just outside the city limits - in Harris County. I was so tired of all the phone calls yesterday telling me to go vote. Hello - I can't vote in Houston elections. I think Parker will be better than Locke would have been. Only time will tell.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
I live in Nassau Bay and not allowed to vote in Houston's race. I think that the turnout was pretty sad. Many have died giving us the right to vote. Not much respect for that fact I am afraid.

·
Old School
28,538 Posts
I live in Nassau Bay and not allowed to vote in Houston's race. I think that the turnout was pretty sad. Many have died giving us the right to vote. Not much respect for that fact I am afraid.
I have to call you out on this bro. Who died giving us the right to vote for the Mayor of Houston?

And why do you care since you didn't vote either?

·
Right wing nut job, Bitter clinger to 2C
14,926 Posts
I'm not gunna try ta split pea's here.. but 1 token is enough... I'm glad I live out of H town...

·
Registered
210 Posts
Maybe the city council should declare their favorite position and type of partner. Why do we need to know these things. Is this to get the pervert vote?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.