2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't heard of anybody bragging about the show. I have heard from a coupple of dealer friends that the show has been good so far. So How's the Yellowfin look? What else in new to the show? Any good deals out there? I plan to come up to the show next weekend. See ya.

Just curious!

Jeff
Rockport Marine

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
I have never seen a yellowfin in person and it is a beautiful boat. I liked the wide lips and layout. On the other hand if you are into $100k to $50k bay boats the blackwood or blackJack are a sight to be seen. Those boats were like naked super models posing on the floor. Other than that the robot was pretty cool. LMAO !!

·
sea monkey rancher
18,403 Posts
the yellowfin and the blackwood both looked great

will be interesting to see how those 350's sell, now that yammi has announced all this new technology

the big edgewater with the second station and the A.C. was interesting.

side note.......... alot of these big boats are starting to hurt for fishing room around the back. the big 33' pursuit was a prime example, but what a tackle locker layout .....wow.

awful lot of unmanned booths..........

·
Vendor
2,793 Posts
You are correct about that . During the week we are getting quotes out till about 2:30 then heading up. Hard to keep up.....we are BUSY. That's a good thing :)

awful lot of unmanned booths..........[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Yellowfin boats are nice to look at and even nicer to fish. Especially when you can put 520 lbs of fish and 300 lbs of ice in the box up front and still have tons of room.

Blackwood was a sweet boat but who has $120k for a bay boat?

Come by booth 537 and introduce yourself to Brice and myself ... and stop by and see Woody over at Snapper Slappers he's got some cool new lures.

I have never seen a yellowfin in person and it is a beautiful boat. I liked the wide lips and layout. On the other hand if you are into $100k to $50k bay boats the blackwood or blackJack are a sight to be seen. Those boats were like naked super models posing on the floor. Other than that the robot was pretty cool. LMAO !!

·
No fish in West Bay
5,634 Posts
At risk of bringing up a way over beaten topic of cats vs whatever, I thought the World Cat 330 TE was really well lay out with tons of fishing room and loaded with smart functional features. Tough to really see the boat the way they have them shoe horned into the space but I'm going to meet up with them after the show is over to really go over the boat.

The Contender 33t step was pretty cool but and the Yellowfin surely is the best looking boat at the show but the Contender 23 is darn near the best value for a big bay, jetty and relatively near offshore boat.

Best looking display IMHO, is the Shallowsport 15 skiff with very cool casting/poling platforms floating in a tank.

·
Administrator
23,853 Posts
I was disappointed in the WC 29 EC. The windshield bar is right in the way and the electronics box hangs too low. I got on the list to sea trial one. It will be interesting to see if that actually happens. The Pro Kats were interesting, but from what I understand, no longer in business. Still, 100K for a 28 footer seems like a good price. I noticed a lot of sold signs. That's a good thing. The $14,000 canoe caught my eye. Some people have more money that they need, I suppose.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
I noticed last night the smaller ProKat (26 I believe) was sold. It was not sold last weekend so someone bought it. The large one for $100k is probably not too bad a deal if you never have structural problems with the boat. Lots of sold signs like Mont said and I think that is a good thing whether you like the boat or not.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
LOL Never Easy. It is a strange story on those CH boats there. J&A was a dealer years ago for CH. Those boats there at the show are "new" in that they were never sold, however, the model years on those are like 2003 I believe. Not even close to what they build now but the ones at the show are still solid boats.

I saw the old guy for J&A yell at a 4 year old girl for standing in that CH 17 that her dad put her in. Sad.

CH has not put a Merc on their boats in 4 years or more I believe. I actually took a pic of those boats and sent them to Scott at CH factory for his nostalgia.

You want to look at a 24 come check mine out anytime. It will be going on a roadshow across the Houston area getting some work and upgrades from Rosenberg to Seabrook to Humble and beyond! LOL.

·
ITS JUST NEVER EASY
1,970 Posts
LOL Never Easy. It is a strange story on those CH boats there. J&A was a dealer years ago for CH. Those boats there at the show are "new" in that they were never sold, however, the model years on those are like 2003 I believe. Not even close to what they build now but the ones at the show are still solid boats.

I saw the old guy for J&A yell at a 4 year old girl for standing in that CH 17 that her dad put her in. Sad.

CH has not put a Merc on their boats in 4 years or more I believe. I actually took a pic of those boats and sent them to Scott at CH factory for his nostalgia.
they are still pretty pricey for that old of a boat!!! evan though they are new they would be hard pressed to get what they wanted for them!

·
Registered
93 Posts
The Contender 33t step was pretty cool but and the Yellowfin surely is the best looking boat at the show but the Contender 23 is darn near the best value for a big bay, jetty and relatively near offshore boat.

[/QUOTE]

i would have to agree the 33t was incredible. the 23 was the best buy in the show.

i just wish they had a better price on the beer. 7.50 is crazy!

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
I do not normally chime in on boats because I reilly like a wide range and fish off just about every make and model: but the Yellowfin is striking! I have a friend that is expecting his new 32ft. in a few weeks and we intend to put it thru the paces!
Rik

·
Banned
206 Posts
The 28 Pro Kat is an 07 model.. it has been at the last few shows.. I was told that it is being sold AS IS / NO WARRANTY.. any clarification on this... Thanks to everyone who stopped by the Texas Parks and Wildlife booth :)

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
28-foot ProKat

I like the 28-foot ProKat......I own one!

Mike

The 28 Pro Kat is an 07 model.. it has been at the last few shows.. I was told that it is being sold AS IS / NO WARRANTY.. any clarification on this... Thanks to everyone who stopped by the Texas Parks and Wildlife booth :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts