2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The main ground rod in my house has corroded in two, I know this is an issue. I have been complaining to the landlord, my question is how much he!! should I be raising?

Bob

·
Banned
10,421 Posts
The grounding Electrode(ground rod) has one purpose. It and the grounding electrode conductor are a path to ground for surge(lightning). Have it replaced.

·
Just one more cast....
1,993 Posts
Offer to do it yourself and deduct the material from your rent? Might be faster, as long as you can do it safely.

·
Banned
10,421 Posts
There's a few tricks to gettin an 8' rod into the ground. It's very easy to hurt yourself. It'll cost about $175.00 for that service. Is losing an eye or any injury worth that to you?

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Or a hammer drill with a driver. Done in no time! Of course, you have to have a real hammer drill, which most don't have.

·
Aspiring professional pot-stirrer.
20,198 Posts
You probably ought to call a pro on it: if it's corroding, you may have an actual electrical issue that is putting a current on it, and it is corroding through galvanic action. Unless it's right at the coast and wasn't the right kind of rod to begin with, they shouldn't corrode like that..

·
Can't be what you ain't.
8,451 Posts
You probably ought to call a pro on it: if it's corroding, you may have an actual electrical issue that is putting a current on it, and it is corroding through galvanic action. Unless it's right at the coast and wasn't the right kind of rod to begin with, they shouldn't corrode like that..
Slight possibility. If the OP showed a picture it would help. They may have simply used a connector other than copper and cause it to corrode as well. If this is the issue though it would have to be under the soil where the connector was.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts