2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys/Gals

A few years ago, I found a recipe for hot wings called DIXIE JANES HOT WINGS..Do any of ya'll have this recipe I cannot find it anywhere, it was absolutley the best and I lost the page. if not why not post up some good ones cause I am in the mood for hot wings.... any body gonna be in rocpkort this weekend.

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
I have the Hooters one along with the dipping sauce if you want it...........................later,Dave

·
2006 Skeeter Cookoff "2nd Place Brisket"
6,428 Posts
Blue Water Ho said:
I have the Hooters one along with the dipping sauce if you want it...........................later,Dave
Dave, just send me the Hooters.......:wink:

·
http://talesofhumor.blogspot.com/
4,634 Posts
I like hot hot hot wings.. I make 2 versions. On one, I marinate them in str8 Tobasco sauce for 3 or 4 hours then throw them on the grill over some mesquite.
The other one is get the Emeril's hot wing sauce and marinate. Then throw them in the oven for 45 minutes on 350.
I like them on the grill better than anything else.

·
aka Salty Nacho
4,426 Posts
If you want HOT wings, try some Stubb's Wicked Chicken Wing Sauce - Inferno. They are pretty spicy (I can't eat them anymore, and I like just about all of my food with a little kick to it) and they have a good flavor too. If you like 'em really hot, make sure you get the Inferno. They have a couple different heat levels of their wing sauce.

·
6,428 Posts
I ain't never cooked none, so I couldn't tell ya.... Right Coolchange ??? LMAO

·
When it rains, I let it.
2,861 Posts
Yeah...Right!

Badhabit said:
I ain't never cooked none, so I couldn't tell ya.... Right Coolchange ??? LMAO
Best I ever had!

·
6,428 Posts
Sidecutter said:
Rick,
Thats only cause you havent had mine yet.LOL
Sidecutter
We ain't talking bout the ones you buy at Sam's and throw in the oven...LOL...But you do a good job with um, just like those Sam's precooked briskets..... Ducking bigtime....lol

·
Registered
593 Posts
Have you lost your MIND?

You better be ducking, I dont buy nothing precooked. Now you have done IT. I can see a TTMB cookoff in the future and your going DOWN.
Sidecutter
briskets and wings?

·
6,428 Posts
I have Hotwing fans....

OK world, here ya go, my pride receipe.... Thank you for writing it up Dolphin...

Badhabit,
Hey there, this is in response to the hot wing receipt request (by Regulator). I have written up a recipe based on your wise advise and direction. Do not want to "give" your secrets away and feel very privileged that you shared your secret with me. Our family (and numerous friends) have enjoyed the recipe (and yes, I have modified it, to fit our heat tolerance). If it is ok, I would like your permission to post (or if not PM) the receipt to Regulator. Don’t know him/her personally, however after a tropical storm or hurricane that hit POC he did us favor for a really good friend by going by a boat storage place and checked out his boat (28’ Grady White) â€" even sent a picture. The friend was on the North Slope of Alaska at the time. Any ways… here is the receipt/post as I have written. Please let me know if you have any objection to my posting it.
******************post follows*****
BadHabit rules in the hot wing department. Have taken his receipt and made it my own. Here is my version of the receipt he told to me.

1. Oil (what I have found-the less expensive (conola) you can only get one to two fryings out of it. The more expensive (Peanut) will last you much longer (it is the smell of the hot oil that has the most impact).

2. Buy the full wing, it is much cheaper than the wing portions. Use utility scissors to separate the three sections â€" discarding the wing tips, they are too small and burn.

3. In a large glass or stainless steel bowl combine the wing portion ample amount of Tony Chachere’s Creole seasoning and Louisiana The Perfect Hot Sauce. Use more than you what you think is “normal” â€" marinade at least four hour or overnight or more for best flavor.

4. Frying â€" I purchased a GE home professional deep fryer â€" I can only do up to eight wing portions at a time, however I know that BadHabit does his over a gas fire in a dutch oven. His advise to me was â€" cook it more than what you think. This is the true key to the final product. I cook 6-8 in my small counter top fryer for 16 minutes. If nothing else â€" over cook them. Heat is the key - minimum 350* and make sure the skin is carmel brown.

5. While the wings are cooking; In a sauce pan combine Louisiana The Perfect Hot Sauce and at least one (1) tablespoon of butter. Use more for butter for less heat. Combine hot sauce and butter over medium heat to combine.

6. Once wings are done (the skin will be a dark carmel brown) place wings in glass or heat resistance container (preferably with a lid) and spoon hot sauce/butter mixture over. Put lid on and shake to coat wings with sauce mix.

7. After slightly cooled and ready to serve, sprinkle lightly with garlic powder.

I serve mine with Orida Fast Food French Fries (also fixed in the deep fryer - 6 min for three "handfulls"), celery and Naturally Fresh Blue Cheese Dressing (found in the produce department)

This is ALWAYS A HIT AND EVERYONE WANTS THE RECEIPT. Which, btw BadHabit, has been a secret until now!

For a Sunday afternoon football game (3-4 people here) I use appx 20-30 wing portions, appx ½ large Louisiana bottle and generous coating of Tony’s to marinade (overnight â€" at least). I use the other ½ bottle of Louisiana with appx ½ - ¾ stick of butter to baste after the wings have fried.

·
6,428 Posts
I'm ready James

Sidecutter said:
You better be ducking, I dont buy nothing precooked. Now you have done IT. I can see a TTMB cookoff in the future and your going DOWN.
Sidecutter
briskets and wings?
Have pit, will travel....... Lets get it on baby....LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Darrell I gotta check out that Q-ing rig you got there.................................later,Dave

P.S. Im up to the brisket challenge

·
Registered
144 Posts
winging it

Badhabit's recipe is great if you have the time but if you are in a hurry try TexasPete's sauce. Bake wing portions for 45 min @350 remove,coat w/sauce and return to oven for 10-15 min more Ialways pour a little extra in the pan for dipping. HOT and WET baby!

·
Registered
8 Posts
For the wings and marinade:
16 whole chicken wings (about 31/2 pounds)
1/2 cup Tabasco sauce or your favorite hot sauce (I like Chohula)
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons coarse salt (kosher or sea)
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

For the mop sauce:
8 tablespoons (1 stick) salted butter
1/2 cup Tabasco sauce or your favorite hot sauce

Rinse the chicken wings under cold running water and blot them dry with paper towel. Cut the tips off the wings and discard them. Cut each wing into 2 pieces through the joint. Make the marinade: Wisk together the next 7 ingredients, stir in the wing pieces and let marinade in the refrigerator for 4-6 hours or overnight. The longer the wings marinate the hotter they will be. Make the mop sauce just before grilling the wings: Mix together the last two ingredients. Grill the wings occasionally basting with the mop sauce until the skin is crispy and the meat is cooked through.

·
6,428 Posts
Argo said:
That is one of them day rental pits isnt it? :)
Yea right, that pit was built from the axels up right here in Baytown by team members of Road Crew Cookers.... Come to the Houston rodeo cookoff to see it in person, or maybe I just might let you take a personal tour at the next TOBA fundraiser....

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts