2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
..and damp.

We get some sun then some clouds then sun again.

At night thunder and in the afternoon rain in spots.

I believe we are in for a wet summer. The farmers from what I see along the river are having a hard time getting in there hay.

Those bottum lands are about a mile wide and run for a hundred miles from the base of the alleghaneys to the Ohio River. A beautifulplace but someday it will be Walmarts and houses and strip malls.

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Been derned hot down here, too.

They keep telling us that this is the kind of weather the major hurricanes lurk behind.

All I know is that the house is hot even though the windows are shut tight and the AC is going full blast.

By the way Bubba, UPS just dropped off 3 more movies I ordered from Amazon.

1. Ride with the Devil
2. The Blue and the Gray
3. Reconstruction-The Second Civil War

I know nothing about these movies. Only that they deal with the Civil War.

I just finished getting the theft protection tape off. I'm now headed to my bedroom to watch them!

·
Banned
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My DVD is working again and I could see Gettysburg and now finsh God's & Generals.

Try Andersonvile, you will like that.

One of my favorite is the Out Law Jody Wells...lots of kill'n in it.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Well, da Big Bambu, I read ....

that "Andersonvile" was a movie about a Confederate prison where prisoners from the Union Army were treateed were treated badly. If that's not true then correct me please.

I don't think I'quite read for that yet!

I've been trying to avoid "Hollywood versions" of the Civil War. I read a lot about the making of "Gods and Generals" and "Gettysburg". Both were based on history with a few romantic notions thrown in. As you already know there are enough authentic records and photos of the Civil War...including museums with artifacts....for both the Union and Confederate armies....that Hollywood could make an endless numbers of movies based on FACT!

It's when they get carried away adding "romantic" parts to the war to the point that they ignore history....that's what gets to me.

If you notice, the actor Stephen Lang and Jeff Daniels are in both
"Gods and Generals" and "Gettysburg".

To me Stephen Lang is the most convincing in his roles. In "Tombstone" he was incredibly convincing in his role as one of the "Cowboys" gang
going up against Wyatt Earp. He played the role of "Ike Clanton". He sure convinced me!

So, here are the photos with Stphen Lang as actor:
#1 Ike Clanton from "Tombstone"
#2 Major General George Pickett from
"Gettysburg"
Major General George Pickett from "Gettysburg"
#4 General "Stonewall" Jackson from "Gods and Generals"
#5 General Jackson and his wife in prayer
"Gods and Generals"
#6 Will the real Stephen Lang step forward!

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Oh, by the way The Big Bambu ...

I forgot to offer. Looks like you can use one .....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts