2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Woohoo!! The STROS ADVANCE! The STROS ADVANCE! The STROS ADVANCE! The STROS ADVANCE! The STROS ADVANCE! The STROS ADVANCE! The STROS ADVANCE! The STROS ADVANCE! The STROS ADVANCE! The STROS ADVANCE! The STROS ADVANCE!

·
Charter Member
5,938 Posts
Dang right, and as far as I'm concerned, all of those announcers that bad mouthed the Astros - even up until it was 10-3 tonight, can take a flyin' leap! I never got so tired tonight of hearing all the negative talk from the announcer even as the 'Stros were scoring more runs. Jon Miller and Joe Morgan can get in on the leapin' also. Won't bother me a bit. :)

·
Registered
759 Posts
MT S I hear ya...

I got tired of that with the games on ESPN. I actually turned off the tv sound and tuned in 740. I didnt notice it as bad on fox though.

-AK

·
What's a Corky?
3,107 Posts
Let em keep on talkin smack! It's working so far. We NEED to be the underdog and I love nothing more than to see the so called "experts" have to eat crow, among other things we'd all like to see them eat. The last thing our boys need is the pressure of being expected to win. Get em Stros!!!!!!!!!!

·
Senior Member, do I get a discount?
1,920 Posts
Nah, the Red Sox, Stros and Sox, would love to see it. Well Atlanta fans looks like the best team won! I was worried till the last out of the 9th though. Atlanta has way too much talent and playoff expeirence but I think the Stros wanted it more. how bout Beltran, man that kid is unreal! **** glad they didn't use him for trade bait! Man it was soooooo nice seeing Biggio and Bagwell come through when we needed them! hats off to the Stros great job! But lets not stop here and lets for sure not forget about St Louis!

·
aka Salty Nacho
4,427 Posts
Woohoo! Go 'Stros! That was nice having such a convincing victory. And Beltran is an animal at the plate. I hope that Drayton McLane realizes that we probably would have lost this series were not for him and goes after him this offseason with everything he's got. This was also a nice win because Biggio and Bagwell deserve it. It's even sweeter since they each came up with some very clutch hits in the series. Now maybe their postseason struggles won't be an issue any more. They sure shouldn't be. I don't care what happens against the Cardinals (though I will be disappointed if they don't put up much of a fight, but that won't happen). It's been such a crazy year just to get to this point that I consider the season a victory already.

I was also watching Sportscenter this morning and John Kruk was going with the Astros in the NLCS. He's been the only guy I've seen that has stuck by Houston through thick and thin. Even when they were seven games out of the Wild Card, he still didn't count them out. I still like Harold Reynolds and Peter Gammons because they are smart and don't badmouth players and teams just for a story, but I really appreciate the support from Kruk by sticking to his guns, even when the outlook was bleak.

As for last night's coverage by Fox, I was so mad by the end of the game I made a point to send them some feedback of what I thought of their broadcast. I was already sick of hearing about the Red Sox vs. the Yankees before last night. But they decided to try to add more drama to the game by telling us about their rivalry at every chance they got. Before the game. During the game. After the game. During a coaching visit to the mound by Phil Garner, which I found to be classless and disrespectful to the Braves, the Astros and their fans. They barely even showed any of the locker room celebration. Why? Because they had to show Red Sox/Yankees magic moment #93 to try to draw ratings for tonight's game and the rest of the series. The don't need to add any drama to this series. That was taken care of last postseason and during the regular season this year. Anybody who might be watching this series already knows that the Red Sox vs. the Yankees is the most heated rivalry in baseball. It does not need to be hyped up any more. I don't know that I'll watch tonight's game because of what Fox did. Thank you for letting me vent once again. And one more time........

GO ASTROS!!!!!

·
Senior Member, do I get a discount?
1,920 Posts
Same hear.

Fox's coverage was too relaxed, No intensity whatsoever. I wanted to turn down the volume and turn on Milo but I didn't. AM radio don't pick up so well at my house. I know the rest of the world realizes there are two other teams left besides the Sox and Yanks. Same here as far as wins go, I hope they don't lay down (but i got to keep the faith!) But I am more than happy with this season, would be a great tribute to Cammi if they could go all the way!

·
Registered
968 Posts
Hey Mike...

I have to agree with you about the announcers on the Astro game last night. Geez, how many times did you have to hear Atlanta has had the Astros number for the last four times the 'Stros have made it to the playoffs. All those jerks are eating crow now. I think the 'Stros was listening to them and decided to stuff the ball down their throats. My wife and I kept looking at each other shaking our heads every time they opened their mouths. It was great to see the 'Stros spank the Braves arse with their bats. Now if we can just win one of the games at St. Louis, we will be doing just fine.

The 'Stros are the only team to win the season series with the Cardinals. All the ESPN pundits give the nod to the Cards...they don't know the 'Stros. The 'Stros are peaking at the right time. GO ASTROS!

·
Registered
815 Posts
Where's fishfinder levi? Thought we might hear from him about the outcome. Something like the best team won, good luck, etc. Just playin' with ya ffl.

·
Registered
109 Posts
yeah i guess its funny, I will forever hate the Stros now, i will NEVER,EVER pull for them again. The same way with the cubs last year. anyway, everybody says the stros deserve it. Why? because they battled back? thats ****, the Braves made a bigger and stronger come back. The RedSox made a better one than they did. A real comeback is comingback to win your division, not the losers bracket. And no, im not pulling for the cards, im pulling for the stros to loose. And you know why your heard so much bad talk about the Stros? because they have never won! the Braves STILL ARE a better team, they just lost in the playoffs (dont they always?) the stros got lucky, if you follow baseball like me (not just one team, all of baseball) then you would realize that the braves are a more talented, expienced team. They had one of the best slugging, runs scored, comeback wins in the NL next to St. Louis.
so, to come to an end, I still think the Braves better, I now forever hate the Stros, and im pulling for the Red Sox

·
What's a Corky?
3,107 Posts
Then move your punk a** to Atlanta!!! No one likes a sore loser. Your boys got spanked by a better team deal with it like a man punk!!! And please do us all a favor and don't pull for the Astros, we see what you pulling for the Bravos did for them..

·
What's a Corky?
3,107 Posts
Can't argue with ya' , the better teams are usually watching the play offs from the house instead of playing in them....... BTW, love the signature!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts