2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help with finding a replacement hose for my Shallowsport. The hose that I am talking about is the one used when filling the gas tank. The one that is on there is kinked in a couple of places and it makes it hard to put gas in the gas tank. The hose that is on there is a thick rubber hose that is not very pliable. I have looked all around Victoria and no one could help me. Are there any flexible hoses out there that I might be able to use?

·
sea monkey rancher
18,403 Posts
go to a big private auto parts house and ask for the fuel rated hose, heavy trucks use it too for filler hose

it needs to be CG or BIA rated to be truely legal.

black w red spiral stripe and rating stamped on hose.

2 ss hose clamps per side

·
Registered
86 Posts
I would think that any marine shop or boat shop that rigs boats close to you should have this hose in bulk and be willing to sell you a couple of feet. Boater's World, I believe, carries it. You could just cut off the excess of the hose you have to get the kink out and use it. I think I paid around $5 per foot for the hose.

·
Maker of laser engraved switch panels
3,766 Posts
I would think that any marine shop or boat shop that rigs boats close to you should have this hose in bulk and be willing to sell you a couple of feet. Boater's World, I believe, carries it. You could just cut off the excess of the hose you have to get the kink out and use it. I think I paid around $5 per foot for the hose.
You'll have to look elsewhere. Boaters World is out of business. This is a common hose, and should be readily available.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hose

I've tried cutting the one I have to get the kinks out but it is too stiff to bend without kinking. I wonder if new hose would be more flexible?

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
They make 2 hoses, one that is more solid and one that has more flex, both 1 1/2 " bia rated fuel fill hose,the one that bends is right at $10.00 a ft.

·
Tony
117 Posts
We sell the shallow sport boat at my shop and rig them to. What we use and what is recomended is the fuel tank fill USCA type A2 hose that is an 1 1/2 and has a 3 year warranty. I sell you this hose for $6.75 a foot. call me at 210-599-1415 and ask for Tony Jr. i am the owner of Anchor Marine of Texas in San Antonio If you need some.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts