2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
When it rains, I let it.
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my 6 year old grandson this morning and made the trip to Bacliff for some fun with good friends. I am always in the mood to learn from young people about things that are "hot or not". I asked Zerick what the best breakfast in town might be, he told me "McGriddles and hash browns"! He wasn't lying.

Hooked up with Hooked up and x2 to set the hook on Zerick. He and I have fished 6 times in his young life and have had moderate success. I needed him to feel the pull to set him for life! The Redfish farm was the answer. We got to the ponds and started throwing plastics. Second cast out a sweet hook up and Zerick was on his way!

I'll let the pics tell the rest. Other than we ended up fishing a drainage ditch instead of the tanks. I wish I had the energy of my grandson. He left about 45 minutes ago and was still wired! If you see him ask him what club he belongs to. He'll tell you he's a "Red Fishin' Fool!"

It was good to visit with Castaway Kay again. Sure wish we could have stuck around for the steroid blue crab! Turns out we could have, next time it will be my dime!

What a mind bending, awesome day! One of my best!

1. Going fishing!
2. McGriddles
3. First Red
4. A good day!

·
2006 Skeeter Cookoff "2nd Place Brisket"
6,428 Posts
Very nice my friend..... We were within shouting distance of you, we pulled into the spillway for a few minutes around noon to catch some bait ......

·
When it rains, I let it.
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I thought I recognized that shoreline! Y'all didn't get blown out?

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
Rick, I knew there was a reason I liked you!

That was totally awesome buddy. Melanie and I are taking the kids fishing tomorrow and I cant wait. Those are some of the best times in the world. Hold on to em bro. Priceless!

Zac

·
2006 Skeeter Cookoff "2nd Place Brisket"
6,428 Posts
CoolChange©© said:
Well I thought I recognized that shoreline! Y'all didn't get blown out?
LOL, Yep, it wernt a smooth ride back to Baytown.... Wet Tshirt contest..LOL

·
When it rains, I let it.
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just don't jerk the spots off 'em! LOL! I hope you and your Lady have as good a time as I did! I think the old saying is right: Teach a kid to fish, reduce the crime rate!

Later!

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Great trip Rick. I can't tell who looks happier in that last picture, you or Zerick.

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
Man, Those Are Great Pictures...

He's a handsome young man. Isn't it great knowing the geneology of our descendants is going in the direction of the beautiful and not in the other (our) direction? LOL! CF? :p

·
Banned
1,701 Posts
Was good to see you too Rick!

And really nice to meet your grandson, he's a little sweetheart and SO WELL MANNERED!!! I'm happy he got to hook into some nice fish, and even happier he got to eat his fresh catch soon after! You did miss out on them steroid crabs though! Man were they good and SWEEEETTT!!!!
Hooked up said it best when he said the only thing that could have made that meal any better was a big ol' pile of fresh oysters!
Moments in life only last a few minutes, but the memories are there for life!
Good job! I can't wait till my grandbaby gets a little older. This will be FUN!

Kay:cool:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Where is the redfish pond/farm you went to? How does that work? Is it like the catfish farms? I would like to take my daughter.

Thanks, Jeff

·
Charter Member
6,663 Posts
I've said it before and I'll say it again. My favorite pictures are pictures of kids fishing/kids with their catch. No one has to prompt the kids to smile and, well, it just makes me feel good. it brings back memories of my own early experiences.

A special added feature is the smiling grandpa.Now THAT just makes it perfect! Great post Rick. Thanks. I especially needed it this morning.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts