2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone use a Lowrance Hook 2 12 inch screen and have satellite imagery? If so you got some pics of how it looks.

I am considering that unit or a Simrad go9 strictly for mapping purposes. I've seen the Simrad with satellite imagery and it's good. Have not seen the Lowrance with it. I figure the Simrad is higher resolution and probably a faster processor, but a 12 inch screen would be nice

·
Catch a New Personal - Learn How!
12,826 Posts
Biggest Difference between Hook, Elite, HDS, Carbon and up to Simrad is speed of processing. Sure down at the hook level they probably use a slightly less quality display but it'd be sufficient to see aerials. you'd also have to look at each brands aerials to see... some just arn't very good... and in some brands great and in some areas of those brands not great. It's hit or miss with that stuff.

Good luck with the mapping...

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Biggest Difference between Hook, Elite, HDS, Carbon and up to Simrad is speed of processing. Sure down at the hook level they probably use a slightly less quality display but it'd be sufficient to see aerials. you'd also have to look at each brands aerials to see... some just arn't very good... and in some brands great and in some areas of those brands not great. It's hit or miss with that stuff.

Good luck with the mapping...
Thanks. That's kind of what I'm getting in my research. I'm actually leaning towards a 9" carbon as the processors should be faster. The GO9 is nice, I know it's slower but still good, and more expensive with less resolution. Plus I would like some buttons to press when it's bumpy on the bay.

I've already order a standard mapping classic card.

Thanks for the reply

·
Catch a New Personal - Learn How!
12,826 Posts
Buttons are good... I know when I had the gen 2 touch that was all touch screen there were a couple cold wet days in baffin and it was a hassle to get the cursor to move or pan the map. I could do it, but it wasn't first try and that's no fun going 40 mph. You'll be happy with the Carbon and it has both.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts