2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
" TEXAS TILL I DIE "
26,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
use to go to bohickees in alvin then it was the texas rose hall, bootkickers in league city, eddies in manval, chapperal club in dickinson. where does a brother get his honky tonkin on nowadays? somewhere close to galveston? byob or not? any ideas , ive been outta it fer a while,, got the itch to try a 2step and maybe meet a dance partner. howabout the ol "pressure cooker" (bet u aint heard that in a while) yesterdays once more,, is it still there?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Man, I too hung out at all those spots back in the day. You left out Snug Harbor and Crystal Chandelier. I use to mix sound for the Texas Rose Band. Donald Rogers singing, Wesley on lead, Bobby Parker on Bass, George on steel and Larry on drums. Man those were the days!

·
" TEXAS TILL I DIE "
26,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Man, I too hung out at all those spots back in the day. You left out Snug Harbor and Crystal Chandelier. I use to mix sound for the Texas Rose Band. Donald Rogers singing, Wesley on lead, Bobby Parker on Bass, George on steel and Larry on drums. Man those were the days!
yea, i knew donald, i grew up in the same neighborhood and went to school with his sister linda. is he still playin anywhere , use to kinda follow peewee bowen around when i was in santa fe. donald was a few years older than me but i knew a lot of his friends cause of my brothers were all his age. i see you guys talkin about big texas are mid twenties , hows the 40-50 year old trim in there? lol , best times i ever had was at san antone rose (san felipe @ voss) man oh man,,, now i know what the old timers think of when they say "the old days" were in em! ( i am) lol, thanks for the suggestions:cheers:

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Big Texas has all ages of ladies in there. Wed nights get alittle packed and worse on holidays. Fri and Sat nights are layed back, but then again Wed and 1.50 longnecks I belive

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
jimmy, i believe eddies in manvel is still open, we used to run into Wayne Pike(used to fish the party boats) at big texas dancing a dang storm up on friday nights before his trip on saturdays. a few others mentioned not bad, Margarits in Santa Fe, Shenanigans in Texas City, went there a few times when i was still in G-town but its been a while. have fun. get drew and mego to go with you.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Ten Hall on Saturday Bill Mraz on Sunday. Eddie's in Manvel was pretty cool as well. I think only Eddie's is still open.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Eddie's Ballroom in Manvel is ok if you like hangin out with teenagers. They still have big name concerts there (Kevin Fowler & David Allen Coe to name a few) but on Saturday nights its usually teen-play. I took the wife there a few months ago and I think we were the only ones old enough to drink.....we didn't stay long.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Eddie's Ballroom in Manvel is ok if you like hangin out with teenagers. They still have big name concerts there (Kevin Fowler & David Allen Coe to name a few) but on Saturday nights its usually teen-play. I took the wife there a few months ago and I think we were the only ones old enough to drink.....we didn't stay long.
Went there to see Kevin Fowler play a couple years ago and I even felt old. Needless to say, I haven't been back.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Big Texas

If you are in your 50's them young girls like older cowboys.Big Texas is what he have on this side of the country. On thur. Bucks upstair on egret bay did have a country night. I can remember the good old days and did not know I was living the good life you could go to Jason Brown Saloon--The Juction-- Johnny B Doltons--Post Oak Ranch--Yesterday's---Palominos---Wild West them days are all over.I had a young girl come up the me two weeks ago and says I know you I have seen you in my mom scrap book.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts