2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Bird Flu Eradication Team
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys, i am helping a friend come up with some ideas for his honeymoon in november, and i am looking for some help from you guys....

He is wanting a private, all inclusive place here in the US, texas would be great but anywhere in the south would work. Do any of yall have any places you have been that might fit this description?? Preferably a place with individual cottages or something, with a lodge or what not where you eat and what not. I know some of yall gotta have some ideas. Thanks for the help....

·
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they dont wanna spend 50k or anything, but it doesnt have to be cheap. He didnit really give a number, but price was #5 of 5 on the list of criteria behind southern US, private, all inclusive, not cold(mountains)

·
Registered
7,477 Posts
Cruise on Royal Carribean out of Galveston, cheap all-inclusive except booze and they take you to much better beaches than Texas can offer

·
Registered
6,736 Posts
My wife and I went to the Pocono Mountains in mid-October. It was very nice. The leaves were at their peak fall colors. Everywhere you looked it was like looking at a postcard.

We stayed at one of the Ceasars Palace resorts, http://www.caesarspoconoresorts.com/resorts/paradisestream.aspx It was kind of like a cruise but on land. I don't think it was over $5k for everything. and yes, we stayed in a suite with the Champagne Tower tub!!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Is there a particular reason he's wanting to stay in the US? You might call a couple resorts in Vegas to see what they can come up with too... If it were me, I'd be headed to the carribean as long as it survives hurricane season.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Sounds like he needs a good travel agent, if he want's an "all inclusive" deal. I'm spoiled by my agent, she always takes great care of me and my family when we vacation or when I travel for work. When you say "all inclusive" there really are very few places to choose from that aren't in some mega-resort atmosphere.

Off the top of my head, you could direct him to the Florida Keys, anywhere from Miami to Key West. I've been to Key Biscayne a few times and really enjoy it.

·
Fisher of Men
3,703 Posts
Yeah whats the budget. Florida Keys private home private pool. Private beach private Jacuzzi. Sound like a honey moon to me. There are yacht rentals with Hired Captains that start about 10K and UP per week. I have been looking at those myself. Ask us women, cuz we are into that kind of stuff. See what he is looking for $$$$ wise.And then get back with us.

·
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
they just did that last month. my brother got married in Playa and we all went down there for that. she wants to stay in the US.

·
That DamnYankee!!
4,076 Posts
The Fairfield Scottsdale Princess in Scottsdale, AZ is really nice. They have options from hotel room to private villa. The food is excellent. Centrally located to lots of sight seeing, shopping & other tourist type stuff. Frank lloyd Wright's Taliesan west, Westworld, Barrett-Jackson, desert tours, spas & golf are some of the things to do. Theres even a pond stocked with Catfish & Tiger Talipia at the Princess in case ya get bored with the other stuff.

Jeff

·
Registered
270 Posts
I'm going on my next honeymoon to the Sandals Resort in the Bahamas....

Friends of my wife and I just got back from there 2 weeks ago, and the pics are freaking awesome. All inclusive, American owned.

Plus they went on an all day guided Bone fishing trip, that they both want to go back just for that again!!!

·
Super Moderator
3,735 Posts
The grand reopening is set for August 29th, the 1 year anniversary of Katrina.

raw10628 said:
Great place.....I spent a week down there last summer before all the canes came through. I'm not sure if it is re-open yet or not though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.