2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ike left me with roof damage and water got into the house on the second story and down into the first story. My deductible is 3% ($5700) , ouch! I spoke to a contractor who advertised no out of pocket. After I spoke to him he said no out of pocket was for 1% and sometime 2% deductibles. He told me he could help me but probably not $0 out of pocket. How does that work? He said he would meet the claims adjuster at my house and point out as much damage as he could. Will I be able to use the contractor or will the insurance make me shop around? Last question, will the insurance cut me a check to pay him or will they pay him? Any help is much appreciated. This is my first HOI claim and I have only owned our house, which is our first home, for 2 years.

·
Banned
12,705 Posts
You can use the contractor of your choice, the carrier can try to get you to go thru a preferred vendor program and may offer some incentives, but they cannot make you use one of their contractors. The check will most likely have your name along with the mortgagee named on it. A lot of times supplements for hidden damage, etc will be paid listing you and the contractor on the check

1 - 2 of 2 Posts