2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Pimp
7,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, I think it looks like this:

The POS took aim and missed on his first shot. Second two shots hit the dog. still considering surgery options, amputation of the leg is most likely i believe, if anyone has any options I'm listening. Surgery looks to be way out of price range, should have real numbers on Monday.
his other 3 shots were aimless. he did manage to hit a Toyota and the broad side of a garage twice.

His accomplice was nowhere near as skilled, fortunate, or as bullet friendly as the garage door, toyota, or dog was.

ta da, the aristocrats!

a

·
Pimp
7,688 Posts

·
Registered
6,750 Posts
So you were the person involved in the shooting?? I'm confused why you were asking about the scoop if you where the person involved? Anyhow if it was you pulling the trigger good job on having the gun in your hand and it sucks about the dog. Nothing wrong with a tripod dog the few I've seen get around very well.

·
Aspiring professional pot-stirrer.
20,198 Posts
I think if you are the one that was involved in this, it's high time you shut up about it, and any lawyer would tell you that right now. There's a lawsuit a'comin.

·
non-politically correct
7,305 Posts
Too bad the other 2 didn't meet their maker as well. Good job on the first one. Act wrong, ya get treated appropriately.

·
Concrete Contractor
12,404 Posts
dwilliams35 said:
I think if you are the one that was involved in this, it's high time you shut up about it, and any lawyer would tell you that right now. There's a lawsuit a'comin.
From who. The other idiots that got away. A family member that says their member was justified in breaking thru his door. Anyways pffft.

Excellent job on what you did. I always think about this as it happens often. Its a shame you didn't get to give the others a dirt nap.

·
20,198 Posts
Hotrod said:
From who. The other idiots that got away. A family member that says their member was justified in breaking thru his door. Anyways pffft.

Excellent job on what you did. I always think about this as it happens often. Its a shame you didn't get to give the others a dirt nap.
I never said I wasn't completely in the corner of any homeowner who does that: of course it's justified, and I'll do the same thing. However, it's going to be pretty much guaranteed that there will be a wrongful death suit by the family of the one that didn't get away, as well as a possible suit by any one of the others that sustained injury. It's also all but guaranteed that statements on a public forum can end up in evidence for the plaintiff. Probably won't go anywhere, but there's enough lawyers out there that will talk those people into it for the off chance that they'll talk them into a homeowners-insurance settlement. Believe me, I know. Boy do i know. wish I didn't, but I can't talk about that right now on attorney's orders. If he doesn't have a lawyer yet, the first thing he'll be told when he gets one is to shut the heck up.

·
Registered
30,684 Posts
dwilliams35 said:
I never said I wasn't completely in the corner of any homeowner who does that: of course it's justified, and I'll do the same thing. However, it's going to be pretty much guaranteed that there will be a wrongful death suit by the family of the one that didn't get away, as well as a possible suit by any one of the others that sustained injury. It's also all but guaranteed that statements on a public forum can end up in evidence for the plaintiff. Probably won't go anywhere, but there's enough lawyers out there that will talk those people into it for the off chance that they'll talk them into a homeowners-insurance settlement. Believe me, I know. Boy do i know. wish I didn't, but I can't talk about that right now on attorney's orders. If he doesn't have a lawyer yet, the first thing he'll be told when he gets one is to shut the heck up.
i think what dwilliams is saying is, i'd shoot someone who invaded my home, too, but i just wouldn't gloat about it. and, i agree with him. it could come back to haunt you.

loose lips sink ships.

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
dwilliams35 said:
Doesn't the Castle Doctrine protect you from a lawsuit in home defense shooting ?

·
Premium Member
40,476 Posts
Capt Jay Baker said:
Doesn't the Castle Doctrine protect you from a lawsuit in home defense shooting ?
A Castle Doctrine (also known as a Castle Law or a Defense of Habitation Law) is an American legal concept derived from English Common Law, which designates one's place of residence (or, in some states, any place legally occupied, such as one's car or place of work) as a place in which one enjoys protection from illegal trespassing and violent attack. It then goes on to give a person the legal right to use deadly force to defend that place (his/her "castle"), and/or any other innocent persons legally inside it, from violent attack or an intrusion which may lead to violent attack. In a legal context, therefore, use of deadly force which actually results in death may be defended as justifiable homicide under the Castle Doctrine.

Castle Doctrines are legislated by state, and not all states in the US have a Castle Doctrine. The term "Make My Day Law" comes from the landmark 1985 Colorado statute that protects people from any criminal charge or civil suit if they use force - including deadly force - against an invader of the home.[1] The law's nickname is a reference to the famous line uttered by Clint Eastwood's character Dirty Harry in the 1983 film Sudden Impact, "Go ahead, make my day."

This legal doctrine is often linked to the rights of homeowners to bear arms, as defined in the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution in the case of District of Columbia v. Heller.

·
Pimp
7,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This is all very difficult for my girlfriend and I to deal with, what I really need is assistance with the dog. The leg can be saved. From the initial estimates, we will have to have the leg amputated, does anyone know where I might find the best/cheapest doggie leg surgeon?

Kenner21 said:
So you were the person involved in the shooting?? I'm confused why you were asking about the scoop if you where the person involved?
We still don't have cable (no antenna either). At the time I could not find anything online about it.

Here's a pic of the poor girl..

Attachments

·
Registered
30,684 Posts
send a pm to oxbowoutfitters. his wife's a vet. she might be able to help you.

ox is a douchebag, but i think his wife is a pretty good vet. :) :D

Pet Check Up
11911 Jones Rd #7
281-955-8560

that's sad. poor pup.

·
20,198 Posts
Capt Jay Baker said:
Nope. It protects you from prosecution, not a civil lawsuit. It does provide protection from civil liability, but that won't stop somebody from filing the suit: the question then would be whether the action is covered under the statute. One way or another, the main thing that you would need to worry about is some lawyer deciding that he could drag this thing out long enough that the homeowners' insurance carrier pays him to go away.

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Bulletin Message
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to lordbater again.

Your actions more than likely saved someone elses life down the road.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts