2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Charter Member
6,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was a great trip! Great weather and lots going on. Here are a few pics I grabbed while I was up there.

#1. A covered wagon in a yard off HWY 678.
#2 & 3. An old abandoned store along the same road as the covered wagon. Not sure of the age of the store but I believe it was some time before WW II. I have been meaning to shoot that old store for years now. This trip I finally got 'er done. :D
#4. This is a shot of "T-bone" and "Sirloin". My sister-in-law is raising them for beef. I'm bettin' she gets to attached to them to have 'em butchered.

Attachments

·
2006 Skeeter Cookoff "2nd Place Brisket"
6,428 Posts
Glad you had a great trip Jack, I been missin our mid day phone conversations..... When ya'll get ready to cook the Bone and tha Loin, I'll fire up the BIG pit....LOL

·
Registered
244 Posts
How much do they want for the building in the 2nd Pic. I've been looking for a good location for a gas station...Great pic's Jack, your gettin good with your photo shooter.

·
What was I supposed to Member??
2,873 Posts
glad you and pam had a good trip jack. i just love taking pictures of old buildings like that. guess what, i just got a new digital for my birthday. when i figure out how to work it, (hopefully this weekend!) ill be able to take my own pictures of my floundersitx! oh, and hopefully i will catch a few fish and can post them now too LOL. by the way, how are your desert roses doing? mine dont look so good :cool: im wondering if i need to repot them or something.

·
Charter Member
6,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congratulations, Trudy! I believe that you will LOOOOVE you new digital. So much faster and easier to upload than having to scan prints. I look forward to many a pic of flat fish over the next 3 or 4o months!

Desert roses?!? Well, All the plants are doing great. Haven't seen a flower in a while now but I'm thinkin' it might be a time when they don't normally bloom. I've seen them in a couple of Lowe's stores and not one of them had a sign of a bloom on it. As long as the plants remain healthy, I won't worry too much about the blooming part. I understand that they like the drier soil. Over watering could be a problem but I don't know for sure. I was told that if it drops it's leaves, to just be patient, they will come back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts