2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
senor member
6,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some pics of Holly Beach and a few of Cameron from last weekend. Really bad! Sorry for using up so much space but wow, a direct hit could end it all!

Attachments

·
www.bayoumetalcreations.c om
910 Posts
holly beach i believe has ended. it looks like they have cleaned it up alot since i was last down there a month ago.

·
Roll Tide!
15,787 Posts
Bellyup said:
Wow. So much for my ideas of owning a beach house one year.
That's how long you have to be willing to own it... one year.

·
Husband First, Fisherman Second...
1,988 Posts
About 5-10 miles away there are beach houses still standing. One in particular caught my eye the past few years fishing over there. Someone built a nice deck about 10-15' in the air and put large "Morgan" style portable buildings on top of them. I always looked at them and thought how cheap and inexpensive that would be if a hurricane came through. Well sure enough the "Morgan" style buildings didn't make it through the hurricane, but the wooden structure did. A few weeks ago I noticed the owners already had their new Portable buildings back up on top of their deck.

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
bslittle79 said:
About 5-10 miles away there are beach houses still standing. One in particular caught my eye the past few years fishing over there. Someone built a nice deck about 10-15' in the air and put large "Morgan" style portable buildings on top of them. I always looked at them and thought how cheap and inexpensive that would be if a hurricane came through. Well sure enough the "Morgan" style buildings didn't make it through the hurricane, but the wooden structure did. A few weeks ago I noticed the owners already had their new Portable buildings back up on top of their deck.
Sounds like a great idea for a camp.

Not really great for a beach house for entertaining and all, but great for a camp. I like it.

·
Banned
118 Posts
Sure doesn't look like it did when I made my first trip there in 1948. However this is the second time I've seen Holly Beach like this, the first was in 1957 when Audrey came through. Lots of childhood memories made there. Not sure if it will return this time.

·
Registered
652 Posts
bslittle79 said:
Sorry for the ignorance.
What is a "Morgan" style house?

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
Melon said:
Somebody have a picture before the hurricane?
Melon,
I don't, But I saw it before. Just picture West beach, as Holly was very similar.

·
Thank You! Next
7,758 Posts
Been there like Brian , I know the scenery!!, That is some awesome hunting behind the property>>> Some of those folks are very resilient .. you would be surprised..

·
Saltmadness
13,573 Posts
Geezs... I fill for the folks that had those homes. Hope we never get a direct hit like Katrina or Rita in my lifetime or ever.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts