2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
fish control my brain
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody use them?

Feedback ?

I am looking for a single needle for 60-80 mono into 130 hollow braided.

Any suggestions -

there is a set, but its $80, and I only need one needle.....

Am I waisting my time?

·
Registered
13,283 Posts
Certainly makes it easier. I especially like the ability to burn/melt the end of the spectra with them.

The latch needle is a must have in my book, but the hollows are not required.

For the 80 hollow, I am not sure I could do it without the hollow needles.

Rumor has it that they can be built with some brass tube of appropriate size, some solder (spelling), and some careful filing. Perhaps with just the tube, a hammer and some filing.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Lantch needles

Contact Jerry Brown Idustries direct. I got some from him (large and small) and they work great. If you buy 33 yds of hollow braid he will send you a pair free (did me). HIS BRAID IS THE BEST FOR MAKING LOOPS.

http://www.jerry-brown-industries.com

You should also take his advice and use some small wire (40# test) and make a push wire loop. It works great for topshot construction.

See: http://www.jaknkona.com/OnlineCatalog.html

His sytem is great and works everytime. But don't bother buying the system like I did. You can do it without.

Happy building. Contact me if you need more help or aqssistance.

Cliffh

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've been selling Jerrry's line for about 5 years now. The latch needle needed for making your end loop's can be purchased seperately but the hollow needles only come in a set.

I have tried to get a few of the hollow needle guys to sell them out of the set but they won't do it.

So here's what you can do... just use the next size smaller needle. Instead of putting the mono inside the needle all the way, just slice the end of the mono to a point. Now the point will be a much smaller diameter and will fit in the smaller needle. You only need it to go in about a 1/16 to 1/8 and this will hold the mono as you use the needle as you did before.

If this isn't clear, email me and I'll try and explain further.

Hope this helps save you some money but if you still need the full set, I have them in stock as well as all of Jerry's products.

-Tek

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I can do the 200, 130 and 80 by opening the spectra first with wire, and then pushing a sanded smooth end of mono into it. The 60lb test... that's a whole different story, I have had a heck of a time with that. Using needles really is faster though.

Tom - DBG

1 - 9 of 9 Posts