would happen if a person was to hang a lantern turned down kinda low
and waited. Think they'd come out anyway? Need to bust some o' them
suckers myself.
Thanks,
Rick

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
We have flood lights mounted on the light pole in our front yard and we leave them on all night. Needless to say, when morning comes we have to fire up the John Deere and scoop them up and haul away. Just bait up an area with lights on it, they'll come around!

·
Old Man
7,686 Posts
isn't that what they invented those solar powered yard lights for??:wink:

I know they work. just stick the lights in the ground, put out the bait, and every nite the solar panel powers 'em up - hogs get used to 'em real quick.

·
Registered
147 Posts
If its a contionous light source that is always going to be on the hogs won't be bothered. After awhile the hogs will get used to the light and come in.

Texas boars has some feeder lights that work well. There a red led light. There's a few other company's that make similiar lights that have been proven to also work.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I'm using solar powered landscape flood lights I got at Lowes for about $15 each. They come on at dusk and stay on until daylight or the batteries run low. After a sunny day they'll last all night. If it was raining or overcast they'll still last several hours.

I have them tie strapped to the T-posts around my feeder. Based on the game cam pics it took them a couple nights to get used to them. I had pigs feeding around the edges on the first few nights and then they moved on in. Now they come in like normal. I think the secret is consistency of the light.

These lights aren't real bright, but they're bright enough to get off a shot. I used 3 of them from different angles to get a bigger area covered.

FYI, place them facing directly away from your stand towards the feeder. I screwed up and had one that was off to the side a bit and the light cut down a bit on my visibility through the scope.

·
Registered
762 Posts
We had a big ol boar coming into my mom's yard every night picking up fallen pears. I put out a 150 watt flood on one of those spring clamp fixtures and he came right on in and picked up everything that was on the ground and it only took him about 20 minutes to do so. Just happened to be the 20 minutes I dozed off too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts