2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a recent encounter with a big boar I need to kill several hogs. I would like to trap them as well. I have been looking at hog traps and have found 2 kinds mainly. One has a spring loaded door in the corner of the trap and the other has 3 doors that sming inward at a slant from the top. Any thougts on pros and coss of each.

·
Registered
875 Posts
The spring loaded traps with a door in the corner are the best IMO, if you have a lot of pigs they can keep pushing the door open to get in even after you trapped the first one. They will eat all the way up and push the gate open and it will slam closed behind them.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Get some cattle panels and T-posts and build a pen. Then buy, or build a door similiar to the hog slammer door. Corn the pen for awhile without the trap set and set a game cam on it. After they start coming in set it.

This type of trap has worked well for us when were trapping at the lease.We've caught as many as 14 pigs at a time with pens similiar to this.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bucee's Death Trap

Pigs can stay out of my trap!!!! 36 down in a month.

A few days after i posted i was all set to build a figure 6 trap. I headed to the ranch and was going to hit mccoys in El Campo. I stopped in wharton at bucees to get a coke and got to looking at their pre made traps. I bought one because i decided i was to lazy to pound any T posts this weekend. Baited it with diesel and corn. This is almost not fair. I am going to buy another one this weekend. As soon as i bait it they are in it. My record is nine at one time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts