2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
@Drew_Smoke
4,158 Posts
Isn't hockey that game we played at the Olympics, beat the Evil Empire and then got Kurt Russell another movie part?

·
Capt of the spyglass Potlicker club!
12,606 Posts
Reel_Blessed said:
The lack of views on this thread tells me all I need to know about the lack of interest in Hockey.

I might watch it if they stopped playing Hockey and drilled a hole in the ice and started fishing!!!
Drilled holes in the ice and started fishing! Then let them guys try to play hockey around the fisherman. That would be fun to watch, 10oz. egg weight with a big ol treble hook and that skater trying to get away. Talk about a fight! LOL :cheers:

·
Registered
285 Posts
I'm not a NHL fan but I hate to see anyone loose their job. Not just the players but the food vendors, and all the employees that go into a sporting event. I believe the market has changed for hockey players and the pay scale may have to drop before they can move forward. I hope the players get a better deal than the NFL players did with the owners.

·
Ice tea and beans
4,588 Posts
justjohn said:
I hope the players get a better deal than the NFL players did with the owners.
just curious, what is the league minimum as far as the pay scale for the players?

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Wgd

Not trying to p-off the people that like cockey(my bad, meant hockey). But, maybe if we're lucky they will have an eternal ban. Now that would be breaking news.

·
Ice tea and beans
4,588 Posts
justjohn said:
I don't know the minimum pay scale. Isn't salary relevant?
with what? Smarts, luck, or skill? You don't think these guys are overpaid?

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Baseball player are way over paid......................................later,Dave

·
Registered
285 Posts
Salary is relevant to the market. I think some athelets are worth more than others. What is a fair wage for David Carr? What would be overpaid? Some may say the Yankee's over-pay for baseball players and others would argue they are the most successful sports org. ever. Folks said Nolen Ryan was over paid when he made a million. Big business thinks a lot of us are over-paid that is why they are "out sourcing" to India and China.

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
50 million a year for three years,**** get real...............................later,Dave

·
Registered
18 Posts
Average NHL salary

Average NHL salary is 1.8 million. Minimum salary is 185,000 at the NHL level. The elite players are in the 7-9 million per year range. To most of us, all pro athletes are overpaid, but to put in in perspective, the NFL minimum(for 1-3 year players) is under 225,000 for 16 games. NHL players play 82 regular season games, and up to 28 post season games. If you haven't watch a game in a while, the pro hockey game is a violent sport with huge athletes. Think of an NFL linebacker on skates, going 30mph with a wooden billy club. For those of us that are fans, the lockout sux; however, the end result with be a salary cap. This works out great for the fans, because the season ticket price will go down. I currently pay around 11K per year for 2 season tickets, and that doesn't include playoff games, which start at $175 per seat per game, and go up to $300 per seat per game for the finals. We've been told that ticket prices should go down up to 20% when the new CBA is complete.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts