2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Member..Whats wrong with my member
5,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to Vegas soon, for 4 days.
Flying SWA out of Hobby.

Has anyone parked for several days at Hobby, or surrounding pay lot?

Is it "somewhat" secure ?

Do you book it in advance, or pull up and pay?

Thanks for any advice.

Kelly

·
Roll Tide!
15,791 Posts
I usually park in the terminal parking garage (unless it's full) and I've never had a problem. If the Terminal Garage is full I park at the Dollar Rent a Car Garage across the street. Never had a problem there either.

The shuttle lots are cheaper but are staffed 24 hours a day. You shouldn't have any problem.

Just pay when you get back.

·
Banned
579 Posts
Hobby Parking

When I travel from Hobby I park in the "overrsized" vehicle parking which is out side and much cheaper than the cover parking. I have left my truck there for several weeks at a time and have never had any trouble with it being tampered with. That said, I don't leave anything is site to tempt anyone either, there or anywhere else for that matter.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I park in the first yellow parking lot after you turn on airline dr. on the left when heading east. the shuttle runs continually. never have had any trouble. cost about 6 or 7 bucks a day.

·
5,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I appreciate the input. I found a link for "The Parking Spot". Thinks I'm gonna go with them.

Kelly

·
Roll Tide!
15,791 Posts
JWL said:
When I travel from Hobby I park in the "overrsized" vehicle parking which is out side and much cheaper than the cover parking. I have left my truck there for several weeks at a time and have never had any trouble with it being tampered with. That said, I don't leave anything is site to tempt anyone either, there or anywhere else for that matter.
JWL, As an FYI.. If you want some shade, You can park in the lower level of the Hobby Garage and pay regular rates. The roof is about 20' tall so there is no problem with oversize vehicles anymore. It's been that way for about a year now.

·
Registered
460 Posts
The Parking Spot

I have used TPS several times this summer as well as in the past. Uncovered is about $5/day. Uncovered is a little bigger, if you have a truck! I suggest you make reservations since the last two times I used them they were overbooked. I had to valet my car one time and it was safe and secure, not problems. Again, make reservations!!!

Have a great trip!

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
I'm sure everyone here is trying to be helpful but I'm afraid they really didn't read the question. I'm gonna make some assumptions here forgive me if I'm mistaken. First trip out of Hobby and first trip to Vegas. If I wrong forgive me and ignore the following maybe it will help someone else.

The Parking Spot, Preflight parking, Sunsport parking, Ampco Parking....they all pretty much work the same. You go in the gate, you get a ticket. This is where you can start to screw up. Grab said ticket and place it in your ashtray, console, glovebox, etc. Don't take it outside your vehicle- you will lose it. Next you go on said trip to...Vegas. Four days in Vegas can be a lifetime. If you have never been, watch your wallet. If you have never gambled, just remember they didn't build all those pretty buildings with good looks. Its from suckers like me...I mean a friends of mine. After you ignore my advice and board that beautiful 737 from the friendliest airline in the industry and head home make sure you have saved about 50 bucks. Once you land in Hobby go downstairs to the baggage claim area, get bags, exit outside, get on van of parking lot of choice. Bang head on wall for not listening to me when I said don't gamble all your money away. 50 bucks = 26-30 bucks will pay for your parking, 10 dollars will pay for gas to get you home( we all know you were too excited to stop an fill your tank on the way to the airport), the leftover cash can be used for a Whataburger, fries, and a drink. Wait about 3 years lather, rinse, repeat.

I prefer Preflight. 6.50/daily covered, directly across the street from airport, good van service.

-jr

·
5,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
JohnnyRocko said:
I'm sure everyone here is trying to be helpful but I'm afraid they really didn't read the question. I'm gonna make some assumptions here forgive me if I'm mistaken. First trip out of Hobby and first trip to Vegas. If I wrong forgive me and ignore the following maybe it will help someone else.

The Parking Spot, Preflight parking, Sunsport parking, Ampco Parking....they all pretty much work the same. You go in the gate, you get a ticket. This is where you can start to screw up. Grab said ticket and place it in your ashtray, console, glovebox, etc. Don't take it outside your vehicle- you will lose it. Next you go on said trip to...Vegas. Four days in Vegas can be a lifetime. If you have never been, watch your wallet. If you have never gambled, just remember they didn't build all those pretty buildings with good looks. Its from suckers like me...I mean a friends of mine. After you ignore my advice and board that beautiful 737 from the friendliest airline in the industry and head home make sure you have saved about 50 bucks. Once you land in Hobby go downstairs to the baggage claim area, get bags, exit outside, get on van of parking lot of choice. Bang head on wall for not listening to me when I said don't gamble all your money away. 50 bucks = 26-30 bucks will pay for your parking, 10 dollars will pay for gas to get you home( we all know you were too excited to stop an fill your tank on the way to the airport), the leftover cash can be used for a Whataburger, fries, and a drink. Wait about 3 years lather, rinse, repeat.

I prefer Preflight. 6.50/daily covered, directly across the street from airport, good van service.

-jr
LOL. It's all good. My wife thinks I'm nuts already. I have a check list for all expenses, budget per day for food, gambling, shows...and parking to get the truck out when we get home.

Kelly

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Interesting 1st post Johnny. But Kdubya you should stick to a gambling budget. Keep the atm card in the safe in your room. See the fantastic shows, check out the Hotels, send the wife to the spa and maybe even get a massage yourself, hang out at the pool, eat at some of the great places in Vegas, take that trip to the canyon, and have a Great Trip. There is alot to see and do other than gamble in Vegas. If that is all you do while there you will have missed alot of what Vegas has to offer. Gambling is part of the trip and can be fun if you only gamble what you can afford to lose. If you win Great if not then you had a good time. Where did you end up staying? Don't forget about the Sunset dinner at Top of the World. Good food and a nice Romantic evening. Also Mystere or any of the Cirque Shows, Danny Gans Awesome also. Again Have a great trip. It will be smoking hot during the day outside. Be careful of that and drink lots of water. I park at The Parking Spot when flying out of Hobby.

·
Banned
2,193 Posts
JohnnyRocko said:

-jr
I re-read the question and still feel he is aking where to park at Hobby.

·
Higher Ed Honk
1,320 Posts
I've used Ampco for several years and have been happy with their proximity and customer service. The frequent customer card is a bonus.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Can you smuggle me in your luggage? I would love to go back to Vegas!!! I hope you have a blast!!!

My dad always uses the parking spot, and has NEVER had a problem with his vehicles. He travels frequently and is always leaving his truck (2007 Tahoe) there.

·
5,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
jnjplus6 said:
Can you smuggle me in your luggage? I would love to go back to Vegas!!! I hope you have a blast!!!
LOL. We cant wait. It'll be our first trip there. I went to Vegas to pick up a prisoner a couple of months ago and was only able to stay for the night.

I've got a WHOLE bunch of activities planned just to be on the safe side. Not much of a gambler at all, but that may change.

Last night I booked Blue Man Group, and a night time helicopter ride.

Fixin to book the covered parking at The Parking Spot.

Kelly

1 - 20 of 22 Posts