2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 297 Posts

·
Old School
28,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
18th scale offroad and onroad. MiniZs, XMods, whatever you got, bring it!

·
Old School
28,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
danthrc said:
Gary.... you mean "brung it"

I say watch out... I want me some Vendetta!
Sounds like you have a Vendetta agaisnt the Vendettas! :D

BTW, what oil you running in your shocks?

·
Banned
4,251 Posts
I'm lucking out on this one.....the wife has a baby shower to go to, so I'm there! What's for lunch?

Also, I did a LOT of campaigning 1/18 off road and must have told 10 people or so about it and showed them a couple of videos I still had on my camera from last race! Also, at least 3 people asked me about it and said they planned to be there on the 28th! Word is getting out Trey.....better stock up on pit tables!

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
I finally went and looked at the results from last time. There was one lap I didn't count (I ran two 13's, a 14, then a 28, LOL). Robert had 2 where he didn't count, like a 30 and a 28. Courtney was running the same pace. Confirms what I thought then. CV was in front, I was right on his arse when he broke (not one lap down), and RR was just a few seconds behind me (not 2 down to CV). We were all on the same lap. And yeah, RR did actually win the race when I drove my car over to get a Coke when I was 5 seconds from finishing. Choke! Ha ha ha. RR and I actually both ran 20 laps in a 5 minute race, which was A-main pace, and CV would have run 20 if he hadn't broken. Point is, this is some tight, tight racing. Should be fun on Sat.

P. S. A reliable source tells me Snowmonkey has his car together. Not sure about MM yet, apparently he ordered the wrong car? Ha ha ha ha ha.

·
www.mobilityplustx.com
1,950 Posts
Working on the web site now. Want to mix it up a little. Right now running on and off together with a track that caters to both we are loosing track space and it gets kinda hectic during practice and the race.Courtney said something that got me thinkng. Start the races earlier.More races also. the idea will be to have a onroad part of the day,say the morning. Pure onroad track. Run the heats, maybe a 25 lap sprint main, something like that. Lunch and then offroad time. Same layout bring out the jumps and catch some air for afternoon offroad heats and sprint main. Then we have the final mains last thing. offroad first, remove the jumps and then onroad. Make sense, ok with everyone? Should be more relaxing for everyone. guys who have limited time for a class can run the entire program in that class,thru the heats and a little main and feel like they got something. better driving cause we can all focus on one class and did i mention more relaxing which means more fun!! Input before i post it on site for the world

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
That might work well Trey.

Something to keep in mind in track design, the wall turn is cool but it doesn't HAVE to be used in every layout. A slightly smaller track may give us the pit space we need.

·
Like a Rock
987 Posts
That sounds great Trey. We are there either way from start to finish. I am bringing something home made for breakfast. Once we figure whats for lunch, I will bring something for that also.

·
www.mobilityplustx.com
1,950 Posts
With the last few tracks trying to cater to both classes we have been using extra space while tryin to maintain a big fun track for both. This will allow the track to be a little smaller but more of it sense we won't have the onroad section in the offroad track and vise versa. yes we will have more pit space this race. bring your tables if ya got em!

1 - 20 of 297 Posts