2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one else been struggling in the hill country? I hunt in Comal county and have no deer coming to corn. I figure they are eating native foods because of the recent rains. They haven't had that for a couple of years. Any one figured them out? :headknock

I post a few days ago had some info on coyote bounties. Is there one for Comal County?

Last but not least is this the same deer?

Thanks for all the great help, you guys have been wonderful.

Attachments

·
Registered
148 Posts
Had the same luck or lack of. We hunt in Kerr county. Need a freeze or something to give. Ive tried hunting oaks and trails and still nothing. Went out with a spotlight and a hunch and they were everywhere. Seems they are nocturnal moon or no moon. Dont really blame them.

·
Hunting & Fishing
837 Posts
Hunting Kimble county and same problem there. We have 8 feeders and there is 25 pounds of corn under each feeder. Shot a cull 6 Friday morning just passing thru. Saturday night they were starting to come back to the feeder, was able to pick up a spike there. Hopefully they will eat the acorns soon.

·
Master of Boats
1,432 Posts
Yes, I am on the border of Real and Edwards. Even the hogs are in the oaks, I watched three yesterday morning, couldn't get a clear shot at these three bruisers.

And the Coyotes are in now too, bad news, Bad BAD news. Has many of the animals afraid to come out.

·
http://morrisontaxidermy.com/
316 Posts
Same story for my group in South East Mason County. We are having our worst year in 18 years on this place. Several of our feeders are growing corn under them. Coyotes seem to be all over like never before.

James

1 - 11 of 11 Posts