2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

· Registered
135 Posts
mudd_catt said:
BTW, Hawk, you aughta see the new toy I pick up this weekend at the gun show. SWEEEEEETT Ruger .270, stainless, with "red" laminated wood stock, man is she PURTY! And you talk about groups. 100 yard 1/2 in groups with Winchester Fail-Safe's from a bench rest. 1 inch groups at 50 yards on sandbag. I been lookin for that model for a coupla years, and finally found one while I had the cash. She is almost too purty to hunt with.
Make the stock synthetic and I have one just like it with a Leupold VX3 3.5-10 scope mounted on it. It is deadly with Federal loaded Ballistic Tips. I was getting bad groups with the Fail-Safes and the Partitions but as soon as I made the switch to 130 grain Ballistic Tips now she will shoot 3/8" groups at 100yds. Ruger makes a fine rifle in the M77 and I am glad I went with it over the Remington M700 ADL. This may turn out to be a good season afterall.

· Registered
545 Posts
I had the same rifle with the synthetic stock put back, and they sold it out from under me after promising they would hold it. I like the look of the laminated stock better. I already have one M77 with blued barrel and walnut stock, which my wife took away from me two years ago, so you could say that I had a reason for buying yet ANOTHER gun. ;) I started not to, but I didn't think that I would be too satisfied with the Remington 7400 .270 that I practially stole back in the spring (brand new, never fired, Swift scope, $250). I guess I just trust a .270 too much to go to much else (besides my .50 smokepole). I picked up a box of the new Accubond ammunition last night, if anyone has any luck with before I do let me know. (I know this is supposed to be a fishing board, but with a hurry-cane looking down the back of my neck, I can't think of anything else to talk about)

I wish that they would make it legal to hunt over feeders in MS, but they consider baiting illegal. They kicked the idea around back in the spring, but a BUNCH of opposition stirred a stink so they let it die. It would make things a LOT easier on me if they did. Ever tried to see a deer thru a ten year old pine thicket? Almost impossible.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.