2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
545 Posts
You guys can keep all those hurry-canes you want. We don't need ANY. I got an e-mail from my cousin in Pensacola, and she said that it has been hot and sunny for the last few days. We got a small sprinkle from scattered showers Sat morning, but nothing to even settle the dust good for the last two weeks. I know TVA has been expecting a lot of water cause they been droppin the bottom out of the TN river system for a week or so.

· Registered
545 Posts
I went boat and hunting supply shopping Sat, and went to the Gun and Knife show last night and WORKED all day today. I ain't had time to go down to the pool behind the house much less to the lake. Man, when you go fishin all the time, them honey-doos sure do pile up. My wife got my whole week planned for me. And to top all that off, if this dad-blamed bleepity-bleep hurry-cane goes up the east coast instead of crossing the gulf, she wants to go to Houston and Galveston this next weekend. :( Ya'll reckon if I can ditch her off shopping wid my aunt, some of those Texas boys will show me where to catch some flounder?

I kinda wish we HAD some rain. They done started pulling TN river down for the winter drawdown, and my food plots are starting to turn brown.

· Registered
545 Posts
Well the bowfishing idea is the one that I would have thought of. Ditto with the frayed rope. You might try a piece of wire leader, and whatever he likes for breakfast, just let him swallow the bait.

· Registered
545 Posts
To tell the truth I was actually thinking .22 Mag from short range, but didn't want all the safety elves to jump out and yell SHAME SHAME SHAME. ;)

BTW, Hawk, you aughta see the new toy I pick up this weekend at the gun show. SWEEEEEETT Ruger .270, stainless, with "red" laminated wood stock, man is she PURTY! And you talk about groups. 100 yard 1/2 in groups with Winchester Fail-Safe's from a bench rest. 1 inch groups at 50 yards on sandbag. I been lookin for that model for a coupla years, and finally found one while I had the cash. She is almost too purty to hunt with.

· Registered
545 Posts
I had the same rifle with the synthetic stock put back, and they sold it out from under me after promising they would hold it. I like the look of the laminated stock better. I already have one M77 with blued barrel and walnut stock, which my wife took away from me two years ago, so you could say that I had a reason for buying yet ANOTHER gun. ;) I started not to, but I didn't think that I would be too satisfied with the Remington 7400 .270 that I practially stole back in the spring (brand new, never fired, Swift scope, $250). I guess I just trust a .270 too much to go to much else (besides my .50 smokepole). I picked up a box of the new Accubond ammunition last night, if anyone has any luck with before I do let me know. (I know this is supposed to be a fishing board, but with a hurry-cane looking down the back of my neck, I can't think of anything else to talk about)

I wish that they would make it legal to hunt over feeders in MS, but they consider baiting illegal. They kicked the idea around back in the spring, but a BUNCH of opposition stirred a stink so they let it die. It would make things a LOT easier on me if they did. Ever tried to see a deer thru a ten year old pine thicket? Almost impossible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.