2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,905 Posts

Great report TJ.

Here are a couple of my pics from the day. Did anyone get a picture of Buckeye's 5'+ bullshark he landed right after I left?

Sunrise as we were driving over the ICW bridge on SH 124.

First redfish of the day.

Rods lined up as far as you can see.

4th redfish of the day.

7th and last redfish of the day for me.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Hi

Roger,

I looked for you guys Sunday morning as we drove by the piers, but I didn't see ya. We were running a bit late getting out there, so we scurried down past the barracades a little over 2.5 miles and set up around 8AM. We were in a silver Durango 4x4 and a blue Nissan pickup with the kayak rack.

Did the Game Warden check you guys? He came by right after lunch on Sunday and went straight to my ice chest without saying a word. Then he asked for licences. Glad my out of state friends had their 1-day permits for $22 each. That would have been a hefty fine not having them.

I was glad to see the GW out there keeping people honest. I told him that I appreciated seeing him out there. The bull reds are a resource that needs to be protected.

-NK

·
COME AND TAKE IT
11,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nasakid said:
Roger,

I looked for you guys Sunday morning as we drove by the piers, but I didn't see ya. We were running a bit late getting out there, so we scurried down past the barracades a little over 2.5 miles and set up around 8AM. We were in a silver Durango 4x4 and a blue Nissan pickup with the kayak rack.

Did the Game Warden check you guys? He came by right after lunch on Sunday and went straight to my ice chest without saying a word. Then he asked for licences. Glad my out of state friends had their 1-day permits for $22 each. That would have been a hefty fine not having them.

I was glad to see the GW out there keeping people honest. I told him that I appreciated seeing him out there. The bull reds are a resource that needs to be protected.
-NK
We were still their. Me , my wife, Buckeye and his wife camped saturday night. I did sleep late, a little past 8am. Buckeye was up early and caught a few bull reds before I got up. I yaked fished for a few hours. Did not see any game wardens, but see them often. They have looked in my cooler before without asking. They have the right,but it is very rude. I know all of the wardens that work the area year around, they hate the fact that the cadets check coolers without asking. One will stop and talk to you while the other scurries over to look into your coolers. It is funny to watch them go through my bait cooler. After the fifth or sixth stingray they give up. Guess they do not like getting dirty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts