2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
COME AND TAKE IT
11,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rained out at work and went to the beach. Got to the beach around eight to find Buckeye and Mr Henry fishing. Buckeye had caught a bull red and Mr Henry had just missed a fish. I got set up and yaked a few baits out. Not much action for a few hours and I get a good run. Fought good and even came to the top of the water a few times. But turned out to be a bull red. Got the same rod back out. bam it was hit again when I got to the beach. This fish did not put up as good of a fight but when he got to the beach something was different. A bull red about 38", but he had a almost perfect circle of spots on his tail. It must have been fifteen to twenty. A few more went up his body. I had left the camera at the house so I will get the pics when Buckeye E-mails them to me. I caught one more bull red and a few gafftop. The weed was bad. At most ten minutes before your line was on the beach. The wind was up and down most of the day changing directions often. Mullet were in the surf but had to work to catch them. Had a green water about two hundred yards off the beach. Would have been perfect if not for the weed.Going again Sunday, maybe it will improve?

·
Registered
46 Posts
So thats where Dad went. If you see him in the morning, please beat him about the head for going walk-about without telling us. Hope the weed lightens up. Regards, Chris

·
Registered
5 Posts
Jolly...........sounds about what it was like when I was up there with vic and carlos over the memorial day weekend. Hey was that you that stopped by there in that truck, with all the fishing gear in back? Sorry I didn't introduce myself but I figured vic or carlos would . That was my first time up there, and if Ihad more time I would have stayed longer. But seeing as to how there was nothing biting, well I had to move on. Or should I say, get back home to S.A. It was a long trip but very enjoyable, another big adventure for me. Hope to see you again sometime.

·
Registered
496 Posts
We fished High Island on Saturday also from 5:30 pm to 9pm about a mile from the barracades. The weed was bad too. Especially with the wind blowing straight down the beach. The mullet were as thick as I had ever seen them and right up against the beach. My daughter caught all of the mullet we needed in one cast. We ended up with 2 bull reds one 39" and one that I didn't measure that was about the same. The one that we measured had a lot of spots too. The kid in the picture caught the fish. We also caught a slime monster

Attachments

·
COME AND TAKE IT
11,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sandaflores said:
Jolly...........sounds about what it was like when I was up there with vic and carlos over the memorial day weekend. Hey was that you that stopped by there in that truck, with all the fishing gear in back?.
If you are talking about the grey dodge, that was me. I was on my way to fish in the intercoastal. Wind and weed were very bad Memorial weekend. Had bad conditions every weekend for two months. Maybe the wind and weed will leave us alone at the Matagorda run this weekend.
Fished Bolivar sunday, found a spot out of the weed but the wind would not let up. Caught a few pup blacktips. called it a day at lunch. The conditions have to get better soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts