2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went down to high island with some friends yesterday mainly just to hang out and have a good time but i brought some casting rods along. i would of brought the kayak and some bigger rigs but i had been hearing about all the weed in the surf so i figured i wouldnt bother. got there around 1230 pm and the surf was flat and green water was not to far out with little to no weed in the surf. i was beatin my self up for not bringin the yak. about 3 we had a blazzin run on the 4/0 wide and it turned out to be a 4 1/2 foot black tip. that was on a piece of cut ray casted into the second gut. we had another run on penn 545 around 4 that i think was a bull red bc there were no bite marks on the mullet head. changed the bait on that rod to a whiting head and thrity minutes later and turned be a 3 1/2 foot blacktip. i had a hard time catching whiting bc the little blacktips were so thick. at one point when i was taking a rod out i had the bait in the water and there was 4 little sharks all mauling the bait. finger mullet were thick but the bigger ones were hard to come by. all in all it was a good day but the funny thing was that after we caught that first shark none of the girls we were with would go past knee deep. oh well

surfyak

·
Frustrated Fisherman
672 Posts
Thanks for the report. So what did you feel, standing in the surf, watching sharks maul your bait off your casting rod?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
to be honest i just tried not to think about it to much and just hoped their mother wasnt around until i got out of the water that is

1 - 3 of 3 Posts