2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
woke this mornin and decided to go to the beach...called a few friends and set things up....then figured since i was going to the beach i should get a line wet....called gundoctor at about 10:30 and since he is always willing for a fishing trip loaded up and met me at my house.....got to high island around 1:30 beach looked good not to much wind and maybe 3 foot swells with the occasional 4..got bait rigged and yakked a large ray on the 12/0 it was fun wore me out but it was fun..see i have never been in a yak and being that it was my first time i needed a practice run first..so i went out about 200 yards then back in to see what it was like...grabbed the bait and off i went....got the baits run and the weed was gettin bad kept bringin the baits in....all in all it was a fun and new experience for me since i am new to the coastal sharking scene...but i will try again next weekend and see what happens hopefully we will go to matagorda if it is fishable...btw.. anybody having any luck down there lately??keep it posted so we know where to go...espessially where the weed ISN'T!!!!!!thanks bill you are a very helpful man when it comes to fishing technics..and thanks mont for creating the 2cool board hats off to everyone who posts for the new guys to learn from......

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey rebel. In response to your questions about Matagorda:

A friend of mine fished there the 29th of this month. He said the weed was not bad up to the 3 mile, which is where I think he fished. He ended up with 12 small sized black tips (2 to 3 feet) after fishing all day. You can view his report here: http://www.billism.com/forum_viewtopic.php?4.51

We went the weekend before that weekend and the water was chocolate milk, the weed was in abundance, and the wind was blowing. Looks like conditions are improving.

Thanks for the report.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
For HI, the water was great. The only problem was the weed that kept dragging our lines in.
RA, I had a hell of a good time and can't wait to hit the beach next weekend.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts