2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to know if I can fish at the High Island Beach this next weekend with my brother who is coming from out of town.

I saw the 9/25 post with pics showing the old road washed out, but can I just drive to the beach south of High Island and fish? If not, where is HW 124 blocked off?

Mike Flannigan
[email protected]

·
COME AND TAKE IT
11,379 Posts
As of right now they are only letting the people who own homes to the area.

Also there is a curfew, that everyone must be out of the area.

They are not allowing anyone down to fish, and they are not allowing anyone to stay on the beach after curfew.

I do no see this changing before next weekend.

You may want to look at going to Matagorda or Sargent beachs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, thanks for the info. I was thinking that Surfside was OK to fish. What do you think about that?

·
COME AND TAKE IT
11,379 Posts
mikeflan said:
OK, thanks for the info. I was thinking that Surfside was OK to fish. What do you think about that?
From reports and people I have talked to, you can go downto surfside. But the bluewater highway is washed out in many locations. As to what parts of the beach you can or can not get to I do not know.

Here is a post on 2cool about it from this week

http://2coolfishing.com/ttmbforum/showthread.php?t=181426&page=1&pp=10

If I was you, I would consider Matagorda. We fished it last weekend and had great luck.

·
Paddle solo, sleep tandem
3,601 Posts
freeport jetties are open and people are fishing on them from what i saw going out and coming in from offshore Sat. the beaches in freeport are messed up but i saw people on them, including a bmw, a motorhome and some suv's so you should be fine.

good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts