2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
COME AND TAKE IT
11,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Got to the beach at sunrise. Tide was going out and the surf was rough. Tried for bait,little to none in the surf. Luckly Buckeye showed up with some good bait. Did not take long for a little red to give us a pull.

While I was fighting him another rod clicks a few times. My father drags in a Gafftop.

A few minutes later another rods slacks up. We talk back and forth about who was going to reel in this gafftop. Somehow I got talked into reeling it in. As I started to catch up some of the slack it takes off. No gafftop but a good redfish.

The wind started to blow hard out of the southwest around ten. Tide was going way out and the waves were almost back to back. We toughed it out until noon with one more good run but no hook up. Picked up and headed home.

http://www.surf-masters.com/msforum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3959

·
Master Baiter
63 Posts
Night Time Reds

Nice catch guys! when you guys leave the night shift comes in and slams the big ones too!these fish were caught at sea rim state park. me and my brothers catch at least 20 of these everytime we go to sea rim.ive been wanting to stop by and see you at high island but the sun hurts my eyes. i live to fish the night.i fish from 10:00pm to 7:00am during the week, and guess what nobodys out there on the beach.good luck daytime fishers! we got a good shock from lighting bolts above.but 4 reds in one haul with 6 reels out.you guys dont know what your missing out on.yeeee haaaa!

Attachments

·
Registered
185 Posts
Badass Reds!! Were they all oversized? Don't let the game wardens catch you or it is major $$$ Have a friend who didn't have the tag with them but when they got back to the truck to tag it, the GW was there and gave a hella ticket.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I went on sunday, got there about sunup and the water was a mess. Waves were all over the place and the wade gut had no sand in it, just that clay with huge divots in it so walking to the first bar was a little tricky. Got one run but no hookups, pretty frustrating day but better then sitting at home.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Good report TJ. Sorry to hear the weather wasn't the best. Up in Dallas on Sat. I was thinking, "man, it was probably nice down at the beach today" since there was no wind and it was warm. Looks like I was wrong. It was windy yesterday up there so I guess you guys got the wind earlier on Saturday.

Oh, by the way, GO STEELERS! The game was awesome! Just as many Steelers fans up there as there were Cowboys fans. The Cowboys fans should be ashamed of themselves... :)

·
Registered
30,257 Posts
We went out on Sunday aswell. The waves were sum'n awful. Switched modes and headed over to Rollover pass and the people were everywhere not a whole lot doing. Went over to a place called the Lagune. My uncle heard about it on here. Caught a couple little flounder. It has been a great fall for me. Caught my first red out at Hi Island 47" and now I caught my first flounder. Still after a Shark thou.

·
COME AND TAKE IT
11,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
fishbagger said:
Nice catch guys! when you guys leave the night shift comes in and slams the big ones too!these fish were caught at sea rim state park. me and my brothers catch at least 20 of these everytime we go to sea rim.ive been wanting to stop by and see you at high island but the sun hurts my eyes. i live to fish the night.i fish from 10:00pm to 7:00am during the week, and guess what nobodys out there on the beach.good luck daytime fishers! we got a good shock from lighting bolts above.but 4 reds in one haul with 6 reels out.you guys dont know what your missing out on.yeeee haaaa!
I fish Sea Rim often, and many that post on this board do also. During February some of us get togther at Sea Rim and have the " Drum Run". We target big black drum but catch as many reds as drum.

Might want to start your own post. Pics are nice but need some info with them. Dates, times, bait and location are a good start. Lots of info in reports. I always like to see a report from my neck of the woods. We have many days each year with totals of twenty, thrity and more bull reds. Lots of them around right now and should stick around most of the winter. Good luck nighttime fishers !

·
Master Baiter
63 Posts
Drum Run Ready

Thanks Jolly Roger. I would like to fish with you guys on the next drum run,Its good to meet other fishermen and compare fish tales.Ive been fishing sea rim for about 2 years now,and i have found that fishing at night is better than the daytime.i mostly use mullet for bait only the heads.and of course whitings and croaker.for shark i am filling a knee high stocking full of beef livers or hook up a piece of stingray. after fishing all night,to help you daytimers out in the bait department,you will have to be on the beach before the sun comes out,you will see in the first wave on the back side of it a long school of mullet one after another.for about a hour then it moves out to the third and thins out.its a small window but i usually get a 5 gallon bucket full every mourning. i dont even want redfish i am after the shark!I probably glow in the dark.i grew up in corpus christi fishing pins for 30 years,moved up here and the fishing is still awesome.once a surf fisherman always a surf fisherman.you never know what your going to catch out of the ocean,surprise,surprise,surprise.the pictures that i post have the day and the time they were caught,just so you know.i believe in conservation of all fish species and do everything by the book,and I am proud to be a Texan.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts