2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Spent the day at high island yesterday, as bad as the weather looked it held up really well all day, not much sunshine to speak of but the humidity was low and the wind was bearable. Anyway, fishing in the morning was slow about noon it started to pick up. Had 4 runs between 1-4 with no hookups :-( At 5 I had another and this time it hooked, ended up being a 38" bull shark. Had a bunch of beach newbies with me, you should have seen the expression on their face including my 3 & 5 year old....priceless. All in all a good day, got lots of good pictures some attached. Where were the reds :-(

Attachments

·
COME AND TAKE IT
11,369 Posts
Good report, we fished saturday with a few bull reds,but slow also.

Slim Shad-E said:
what access road did you fish?
The High Island area does not have access roads like some beaches. Once you get on 87 you are almost driving on the beach. If you go to bolivar, crystal beach area then you have to take access roads.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Just went past the barricades about a mile or so like JR said there are no access roads. Bite turned on a bit in the afternoon, missed a real nice shark at one point had bite marks out of the bait that looked pretty big. Wouldn't you know was right between the hooks, probably was overmatched anyway still trying to increase my aresenal think he would have spooled my 555 if it was as big as the bite appeared. Missed one red in the wade gut.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts