2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I took my boy out of school due to an eye problem.....(he just couldn't SEE me going fishing without him).LOL. He had been doing real good and deserved it.

We hit the water at about 8:15 am. We had a 5 ft bull shark on the bank by 9:00am. That was just the beginning. We landed Red after red almost back to back. I had a hard time keeping two of the four rods in the water and making time to catch whiting and croaker off of the crab fish bites which worked incredibly well. I was very impressed with the fish bites to say the least. I even caught an 18in speck off of the fishbites and several keeper black drum. We managed 19 bull reds (all caught and released) and a 38 in Jack fish. We were totally wore out at the end of the day. We did have 3 break offs and numerous misses that sreamed the reels pretty good as well. It was an awesome day. At one point we had 4 reds on at one time once a buddy of mine showed up, but we lost the last that peeled. All we could do was watch and loosen the drag and hope he would be patient. No such luck.

Keep the lines tight!

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
I am going out to HI tomorrow morning. i have never been and this is my first surf fishing trip. any tips. where on the beach were you?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would recommend about 3 miles past the barricades. Catch fresh mullet with a cast net if possible or use fish bites and catch croaker/whiting. I was cutting the tail to get them bleeding and hooking them whole. Get the baits into the second and/or first cut. The reds are running. You should do great!

Good luck!

·
Chillin'
4,570 Posts
Very nice, BL ... dang, I'm getting a cough ... may have to call in sick. ;)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thanks for all the info guys. i will hopefully have a good report for tomorrow. I Hope!!!!!!

·
15,099 Posts
How can you beat a trip like that,,, GREAT JOB>>>>>>>>>>>

I'm jealous as hell!!!!
R.R.....................................................................

·
Master Baiter
63 Posts
beautiful catch, time to take some vacation days. is there anyone who fishes all night? i am a night owl. the sun hurts my eyes. but the fish dont. i will be at mcfadden beach at 10:00pm 10-02-04 till the sun comes up. i will be in a black jeep 4x4 with a yellow kayak.look for folded over poles. i hope everybody folds a few poles over this weekend.question-does fishing the surf rank above the wife?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts