2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It’s been a long time since I’ve posted here, but hope good info is still to be had, particularly about the upper coast....

We are heading to fish HI after Thanksgiving. Wind direction is forecasted east and NE. Just wondering what these winds do to the surf and also the mosquitos this time of year. My concern is that anything out of the north might push the swarms out of the marsh and on to the beach, much like a west wind on PINS. Anyone have any insight on this?

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
I can tell you from a personal experience that winds heading out from those marshy areas on Bolivar will blow the mosquitos onto the beach, especially near evening and in the morning. I went camping by myself years ago and slept just in my underwear. I got up in the middle of the night to urinate and about 600,000 mosquitos hit me all over mid-stream! I'm seriously glad I was alone and that it was before the age of cell phone video and TikTok!

·
Registered
901 Posts
L2F
You are correct about the winds. The mosquitos will be there to great you. take good repellant and fish. This time of year it is some of the best redfish days of the year.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts