2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was my first trip out with my new kayak, and luckily the waves were minimal. I fished north of the barricades maybe 2 miles or so. I caught a small shark early, and then two bull reds at about 10:30 and 11:15. They probably went 40"-43" estimating. My largest measuring tool was 30". It rained a little early and I spent most of the morning screwing around with rigs, kayak, and bait. Plenty of finger mullet in the surf early, but none much after about 1:00 p.m. I should have caught quite a few more reds, but I didn't get a good rig until about 10:15. I caught all the fish from the kayak about 80-140 yards from the beach using 12# line and spinning reel. I only got dumped once when releasing the last red I caught, lol. The reds are there. I may hit it again this week.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hey Harris,

I will be heading out to Hi first thing thursday morning to try my hand at surf fishing. i have never been there but am doing all the research i can to bag my first bull red and maybe a shark. i was told to fish that same stretch of beach. i do not have a Kayak yet. I will be in a ext. cab silverado (white and peweter 2 tone).
~Mark

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.