2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
An Over 60 Victim Of Fate
23,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a new toy today, Kimber Tactical Pro II .45 ACP. I made the mistake of picking one up at Cabela's not long ago and just fell in love with the compact pistol.

Anyway I had spoken for one at my local gun shop but when their Kimber order came in on Friday the Tactical Pro II's were on back order. Well I was all hot for one so I called Mike at Collector's Firearms and he had a new one and he offered it to me for less than what I had intended to pay. :D

So we made a trip to the big city this morning and picked her up then went to my place in Edna and did a little shooting. It's a keeper for sure and certain and while it was too wet to try it off of the bench, I'm satisfied with what the pistol will do off-hand at 25 yards. That's 16 rounds through that target. (No that's not a full size target, it's one of those small silhouettes.)

Let it dry up a little and we'll go over and do some shooting.

TH

Attachments

·
Registered
5,498 Posts
Dang Martin...that some purty fair shootin for an ole man turning 50....

Awesome .45....

·
Charter Member
6,663 Posts
Congratulations Martin. She's a real beauty! I want one, too..... :)

·
23,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's partially your fault Chief...The dimentions of the Kimber is the same as a certain Colt that you let me shoot, lol. :D

TH

·
AKA "STUMPY"
5,196 Posts
I fell in love with the 45 cal years ago. I have 3 now and have to stop myself from buying more. That sure is a nice one, gets me thinking;)

Here are my "babies"

Attachments

·
Registered
5,498 Posts
Trouthunter said:
It's partially your fault Chief...The dimentions of the Kimber is the same as a certain Colt that you let me shoot, lol. :D

TH
I did notice that, Sweet!!!....All mine are going to Austin next weekend. The boys are coming down to clean me out. Keeping my favorite 3.

·
2006 Skeeter Cookoff "2nd Place Brisket"
6,429 Posts
Yer killin me Martin, I been eyeballing that exact weapon for several weeks......

·
Charter Member
6,663 Posts
Martin, I just realized something. It would appear that we are moving in opposite directions in our "toy" purches". You seem to be escalating and I have began to DE-escalate.

Consider your last purchase and then take a peek at mine. This little Kel-Tec P32
Looks like I need to get back on track. Hmmmm, G-20 (Full size frame 10mm) ?

Attachments

·
23,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Darrell my friend you have good taste, lol. If you and Jack want to accompany me to Collector's Firearms I'm sure that I can help you both relieve yourselves of oh about 1,000.00 bucks each. :)

TH

·
We all have it coming......
8,792 Posts
Trouthunter said:
............ I'm satisfied with what the pistol will do off-hand at 25 yards.
Martin,

I noticed you had a typo in your original post. Just thought I'd bring it to your attention. We all know it was really 2.5 yards.;) :D

·
23,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Heh...Pale Guy, I'll be happy to show you that it was indeed fired at 25 yards and will do so for the paltry sum of $100.00. That's the going rate for a short lesson for you Pale People. :D

TH

1 - 16 of 16 Posts