2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
AKA "STUMPY"
5,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you still want to trade, I finished it this morning. Not bad for a homemade knife made by a one-handed man:D

Attachments

·
AKA "STUMPY"
5,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tokavi said:
Nice knife, What did you make the blade out of?
Saw blade, I'm moving up to 01 tool steel after this one

·
Registered
381 Posts
Nice shape to the blade...if you will invest in another set of polishing wheels to be able to put a mirror finish on it it will look awesome...something about that shiney blade that really sets off a custom knife.Lot of time but worth it in the end.

·
AKA "STUMPY"
5,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
backlashingcooger said:
Nice shape to the blade...if you will invest in another set of polishing wheels to be able to put a mirror finish on it it will look awesome...something about that shiney blade that really sets off a custom knife.Lot of time but worth it in the end.
I polish the blade some by hand, but since I'm not selling the knives I dont spend a whole lot of time on them.

·
Certified Animal Chiropractor
7,652 Posts
WOW!! this one slipped by me..VERY NICE work bro..Of course I'll still trade..I've got some picked out for you alraedy but I think I'll need to throw a bottle of Crown in on the deal.. Can't wait to make the trade..Walker

·
AKA "STUMPY"
5,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rack Ranch said:
WOW!! this one slipped by me..VERY NICE work bro..Of course I'll still trade..I've got some picked out for you alraedy but I think I'll need to throw a bottle of Crown in on the deal.. Can't wait to make the trade..Walker
Glad you like it! Let me know when you want to hook up!

·
AKA "STUMPY"
5,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Trouthunter said:
Way cool George...is it sharp? Hold an edge?

TH
Hunter4life used his to clean his first bow kill, so I guess they hold up pretty good, I only use the non carbide tipped saw blades, the kind that can be sharpened. It feels sharps, but please understand if I don't shave hair on my arm with it:D

·
AKA "STUMPY"
5,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Trouthunter said:
Way cool. I'm a knife junky lol.

TH
Designwise....the possibilities are endless, basically only limited by imagination and skill:wink: . If your like me i've rarely found the "perfect" knife, there has alway been at least one thing I didn't like about it or I would change. For example a friend likes a small bladed skinner, but all the ones he found had a small handle, he has a large hand, so I built one with a small blade and a large comfortable handle, nothing fancy, just useful.

·
Old Man
7,686 Posts
huntr4life said:
Dang Roger, you opened the door on that one...good luck.
actually, it wasn't that bad a deal - mow the yard, wash the truck, take out the trash, clean up after the dog - not bad:tongue:

·
AKA "STUMPY"
5,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
RogerB said:
actually, it wasn't that bad a deal - mow the yard, wash the truck, take out the trash, clean up after the dog - not bad:tongue:
Don't forget, leave your gun safe open for me to stroll through:D

·
Old Man
7,686 Posts
State_Vet said:
Don't forget, leave your gun safe open for me to stroll through:D
okay, but it's up to you to convince the 3 snakes and the rabid rat that you're a "friendly" and not a bad guy. :wink:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts