2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mont-

I am not trying to step on anybodies toes here....but why would you stop/cancel a thread that is about a fishing-related topic on a fishing discussion website.

There are many, many, many, many topics/threads that are allowed to stay open for months at a time that have absolutely NOTHING to do with fishing.

I understand that the topic may be somewhat controversial but so are discussions about ethanol and Ford vs. Chevy vs. Dodge.

Again, not trying to overstep my bounds......

·
Banned
4,701 Posts
I think Mont prefers you do this via pm rather than start a thread. I'm pretty sure The Boss doesn't like being questioned tho, and he shows very good judgement in what he allows and what he doesn't, imho.

·
Premium Member
23,848 Posts
2cool isn't the complaint department for the various tournies being run, and I don't like it when the lawyers come calling wanting copies of threads that were posted, IP information, email addresses ect. If you have a complaint about a tournament, take it up directly with them. I don't need the headaches. The first time someone drags me into court over this site, it will be gone the day I get served.

·
Dickinson
2,530 Posts
Mont runs this site as a free service and has the authority to run it any way that he sees fit. I have neither the authority nor the desire to tell him how to do it.
Personally, I think that 99.99978% of his decisions are correct.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Holley, I know your new to the board and it's understandable to have some questions about the why's and what fors on the site. But some questions should be asked on a one on one bassis. Mont is a good man and won't have a problem answering your question. I don't want to see you get started off on the wrong foot here so send Mont a pm and ask away. He won't mind an honest question from someone new. By the way welcome to the board.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Holley said:
Mont-

There are many, many, many, many topics/threads that are allowed to stay open for months at a time that have absolutely NOTHING to do with fishing.

I understand that the topic may be somewhat controversial but so are discussions about ethanol and Ford vs. Chevy vs. Dodge.

Again, not trying to overstep my bounds......
Cant go fishing if you dont have a reliable means of getting there.:smile:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Holley

The people above are correct. I disagreed with Mont cancelling the POCO thread and I sent him a message. He responded and I wrote back, etc. Mont was forthcoming with me on his reasoning. I am sure he will be forthcoming with you, but his post above (whether you agree or not) pretty much sums up what he told me.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mont (and everybody else)-

I am sorry that I do not know how to initiate a PM....everybody is right....that would have been the best way to bring this up.

Since I do not wear your shoes I was unaware (and never even considered) the issues that you mentioned about lawyers obtaining threads for purposes of "evidence" or court room fodder.

I hope I did not stir anything up with you or everbody else. The reasons you provided are ample enough to quell my questions.

Thank you. And keep up the good work!

·
Banned
4,701 Posts
Tactifully put, Holley. And welcome to the board.

Edit: Greenie for ya btw. If you don't know what a greenie is, just start a new thread titled "What is a greenie?" and it will become all too apparent! :D
Holley said:
Mont (and everybody else)-

I am sorry that I do not know how to initiate a PM....everybody is right....that would have been the best way to bring this up.

Since I do not wear your shoes I was unaware (and never even considered) the issues that you mentioned about lawyers obtaining threads for purposes of "evidence" or court room fodder.

I hope I did not stir anything up with you or everbody else. The reasons you provided are ample enough to quell my questions.

Thank you. And keep up the good work!

·
Registered
26,147 Posts
to send a PM - go back up the thread and click on Mont's name...a list of choices will pop-up "send a private message to..."

or, upper right corner of your screen: Private Messages -----> then on the left menu "send Private Message"

·
Premium Member
23,848 Posts
no harm done, Holley.

I try to err on the conservative side of things, it makes like simpler. After another series of threads about cheating in a tourney, I tightened up things a lot to keep from making the same mistake over again. If someone was cheating, I hope they get caught and are dealt with. This place, however, isn't the place to do that.

By the way, while fishing is a part of the name of this site, it's really not a fishing site, so much as it is a site full of cool people that like to fish. The range of topics is really open, except in the fishing reports section.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts