2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Went To The Chat Room And Entered My Nickname And It Took Me To The Room I Guess. I've Never Been On A Chat Line .it Said 1 User And It Was Me So Am I At The Right Place.i May Want To Get In There With You Guys One Night.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Yes... that's all you have to do to enter. I think you can "register" your name in our chat so it's password protected and it will be reserved for just you.

·
Registered
550 Posts
had to go to bed. May have good news, repair shop don't think motor is a complete loss, maybe just water pump. It turns over real good without spark plugs in, so not locked up, and he doesn't think rings totally shot, as has too much compression with plugs in. Just a waiting game. Good thing I still have the 140 Evinrude.

·
Registered
728 Posts
mudd_catt said:
had to go to bed. May have good news, repair shop don't think motor is a complete loss, maybe just water pump. It turns over real good without spark plugs in, so not locked up, and he doesn't think rings totally shot, as has too much compression with plugs in. Just a waiting game. Good thing I still have the 140 Evinrude.
That is good news. I was hoping it was just the waterpump and not a major engine failure....

·
Registered
550 Posts
UH - OH! NOT GOOD! Checked compression today, and three cylinder have 70-80 # and one has 92. Definitely NOT good. Guess I better check on a larger boat for the 140. :(

·
Registered
728 Posts
I don't know what "good" compression should be for an outboard, but I was under the impression that EVEN compression was the single most important characteristic of two cycle engines with multiple cylinders.... no?

·
Registered
550 Posts
Supposed to be, will see what the guys say tomorrow. Anybody wanna donate about 10K to the "Get mudd_catt a new boat fund?" Found a NICE center console Carolina Skiff, or a center console War Eagle. I will even take all donaters for a fishing trip. :) :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts