2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am here in Seadrift, been fishin Port O quite a bit, between this Vibrio scare and the price of gas I think I want to try somethin new, there is multiple canals/bayous/rivers etc within 15 minutes of my house, HECK San Antone Bay is fresh right now and several of my buddies have actually caught cats in there recently, actually been catchin them right where we would limit on trout this same time last year..... anybody have any hints/areas/techniques for me to try and catch a few of these whisker fish. Last time I actually fish for was bessies creek in Simonton....any help would be great. is chicken liver still the best bait.....

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks guys

Catfish, the ones I have seen were all around 18 to 20 inch yellows I believe. Caught on mullet. The Redfish my buddy had was 24 inches even and these cats were just short of that. the little kids around town have been fishin the canals and bringin home quite a few 12 to 16 inchers. I am going to try tonight the river right before Tivoli on 35.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.