2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Kingsville Hotels.....

All of these hotels are easy access and within 20 minutes of the boat ramp at Loyola Beach.

La Cupula
3430 S. Hwy 77
361-595-5753

Howard Johnsons
105 S. Hwy 77 Bypass
361-592-6471

Motel 6
101 S Hwy 77
361-592-5106

Best Western
2402 E. King Ave.
361-595-5656

Quality Inn
221 S. Hwy 77 Bypass
361-592-5251

Comfort Inn
505 N. Hwy 77
361-516-1120

·
Ice tea and beans
4,589 Posts
Aubrey

I'd love to do it. My best dates, would be any time in August, early November to later November. I know it may interfere with some guys and deer hunting. I could do something in September, but wouldn't make it down until later on a Friday evening, and would miss the ever important map party. lol Mid to late October are WAY, WAY out of the question! Those are the best dates for me.

I'd be willing to bow out, if there is a better date for more people, during the time I can't make it. We'd just have to let someone else be the super ramrodder.

Folks, any opinions?

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
How bout November?

I know some folks are hunting but Baffin sure is quiet during deer season. :D August and Sept. are real busy for most folks since school is starting and sports get cranked back up. I have a turnaround in November but if the dates work out I should still be able to help out. But there is no way I could be a super ramrodder, that just sounds bad! LOL

Z

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
I'm flexible, only thing I have planned is a traditional trip to Venice the week before Thanksgiving

·
http://www.profishingresearch.co m
2,953 Posts
I'm ready. Just pull the trigger on the date. I don't want to ramrod it either but I'm bunkin and fishin with Kenny when we go!! The Nov. 5,6,7 was ok as any date would be but nothing was confirmed yet. I might shoot across West and find that flatscat on the South Shoreline just to get warmed up. Looking forward to meeting some of us.

Bigwater

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
Bigwater,
I didn't see this post so what I said on the other reply is redundent. Nov. 5,6,7th. is good with me. I'm ready to take my "show on the road" NOW! Anyone interested in a Baffin trip or Louisiana?
Heck, I'll ramrod the Nov. trip. Now what do I do???

·
Ice tea and beans
4,589 Posts
Nov 5,6,7

is good with me......so long as the new addition to the Schoonover clan, ariives on time.

Done got the kitchen pass arranged.

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
So how many people are in for November 5, 6, 7th.? I was planning on getting a room at the Baffin Inn. They have rooms with 2 doubles, 3 doubles, and 4 doubles. All the rooms have kitchens plus picnic tables and pits outside under the Mesquites. There's also a lighted pier. the 2 doubles is $90. and the rest are about $30.more per bed. I'm sure some of the motels Aubrey mentioned in Kingsville are cheaper but don't have kitchens or the um, ambience.

·
Unrecoverable Saltoholic
472 Posts
I haven't made plans for Oct/Nov yet, but I reckon that with this much advance warning that it shouldn't be a problem getting a pass. Put me on the list.

Tsip

·
Freelance Gynocolgist
727 Posts
I'm in like...well yea I'm in.

Don't really want to haul the boat that far as its not the ideal baffin boat, but I know where to and not to run if someone has an open spot. Have stayed in Kingsville and also at baffin bay inn and both places rock (free ice at kingsville though)

·
2006 Skeeter Cookoff "2nd Place Brisket"
6,429 Posts
Free ice at the RV park Aubrey is at too....LOL... Maybe some free Dickel also..ROTFL

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
So far we have 8 or 9 people interested so here's the deal I'm making a reservation SOON at the Baffin Inn for me, my fishing partner, Bigwater(anyone else?). Maybe everyone should make their own lodging arrangements if they're not into the Baffin Inn? Looks to be a hoot and I know we can catch some fish.

·
6,429 Posts
November 5 is opening day of deer season..... Not good for me, I spend too much on a lease to miss opening weekend......I'm sure many others here will be huntin also.... Guess I'll just have to miss this Baffin trip....

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
Badhabit,
You'll be sorely missed. Kidding, those dates are not in stone but they're good for me and a few others. Baffin should be reel quiet with everyone hunting, but the drive down and back might be a little rough.

·
6,429 Posts
Go for it Kenny...... When ya get that 30" plus, call me....... If ya don't, I'll post ya a pic of my rack when I get home.... I'll be thinking of ya when I'm cooking up some backstrap....LOL..... Let the smack begin.........

1 - 19 of 19 Posts