2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say hi to everyone that visits the forums. I'm a new member, living in Rockport, and after reading many of the post there are a few members that fish the area. I hope to get to know you guys better in the near future.

GoneCoastal

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Snagged,

I hear ya on the ride but I must say the body isn't well preserved and when I skip in broadside I find it harder to get back up on feet. At times I still give it a try and the bumps and bruises don't go away as quickly as they once did.

·
Crabby Old Man
17,406 Posts
GoneCoastal said:
Thanks Snagged,

I hear ya on the ride but I must say the body isn't well preserved and when I skip in broadside I find it harder to get back up on feet. At times I still give it a try and the bumps and bruises don't go away as quickly as they once did.
That is the reason for the sign off. Had an "interesting" youth and paying now.

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Welcome, man you are gonna love this site as well as the greatest folks around.........later,Dave

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Sight...

Thanks for your welcome and I'll try to keep posted on fishing reports. I work 8 days on and 6 days off so i'm not home every week. I just love my work schedule because I have so much time to spend on the water. That's the reason I decieded to move to the coast after the divorce a year and a half ago. I'm was born and raised in Houston and one day I decieded to move and have not been back to Houston since.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Blue Water Ho and BillyStix,

Thanks for you welcome, too!

Sounds as ya'll are a great bunch of people and nice to find that. I just started my first day back at work from 6 days off and the reds are really running in the rockport area. I fished several of the drains from back lakes into the bay and caught limits of reds each day ranging from 22 to 26 inches. I had a hard time locating trout for some reason...perhaps after catching the reds the excitement wasn't there anymore. Nothing like a red tugging on your line.

·
Sky Liver Eatin nujaC
909 Posts
Been doing well myself in the area. Was out just yesterday for a couple of hours by bird island of off traylor. Boated, 6 reds, 1 black drum, 4 trout. Course the trout were all undersize and we threw back the reds and drum. But they were there, right at the begining of the incoming tide.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You know Hog...I never seem to do well when fishing the incoming tides on the south end of aransas bay. I mostly fish the north end and start fishing one of the many reefs during the incoming tides. I guess it's the lack of knowledge of where the fish are on the south end I'm sure.

·
The Duck of Death
2,246 Posts
Howdy GC - You might be gone but I'm still a going.
Hang around here and you'll meet some real nice folks
But keep an eye on that Badhabit guy and never show him where you keep your beer.

Dave

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Cap-N-Red and GoingCoastal thanks for the welcom....sorry GC for using a user id so close to your's. I picked gone because i am now a proud resident of a rather unique coastal town. I was born and raised in houston a had my fill of the place at the age of 49 and sold the house and whatever else I didn't need and moved to Rockport. I've lived there for almost 2 years and I still drive Fulton beach road everyday...that's everyday that i'm not out in the boat.

Come on down the waters fine!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Glad to have you join us...I am sure you will enjoy your stay. There is a tremendous amount of talent and support here and all it takes to activate it is to ask. Good luck and I wish you well and look forward to your participation.

·
Premium Member
23,848 Posts
I can't quite put the words to it, so I will simply quote someone who is obviously missing him deeply this holiday.

I just wanted to let your members know that member,GoneCoastal, Ron Bangert died in Houston at MD Anderson on November 10th after a short bout with cancer. He always enjoyed your site and visited often.

Ron spent the last two years of his life on the bays surrounding Rockport...he always told me that he wasn't really fishing...he was meditating. In September of this year he finally caught the "big one" in Zihuatanejo, Mexico thanks to all those on this site that answered his questions regarding our visit there. It was an 8 1/2 foot sailfish. We had the time of our life.

I miss him terribly.

Cheryl

1 - 20 of 21 Posts