2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sharing with you this email I just received. I get these ALL the time. I generally tell them that I can't help them but I am forwarding their email to someone who can...the US Justice Dept.

This mail comes from:

Ibrahim <[email protected]>

Ibrahim wrote:
Hi,
i sincerely hope that this email will not reflect me
in a bad light.
I am a very influential person in one of the African
countries,i‘m just uncertain on how to express my request to
you without sounding vague, but please hear me out.
I happen to be the son of an ex-head of state of one
of the African countries, and right now i am under a lot
of political sanctions, furthermore my international passport
has been siezed by the present Government.
My purpose ofcontacting you is because im
in search of a foreign partner to help me
facilitate a very large financial deal which i have
planned for a while now.
It involves a large amount of money,currently in a
numbered account in Switzerland, which i will dislcose
to you if you do eventually to assist me in
facilitating this deal.
I am sorry i cannot reveal my true identity to you for
so many reasons, until i believe we are on the same
boat.
There are so many truths about my country that the
world never even knew about, my father was a good man.
I really need a friend, i need someone i can open up to.
Please respond to me as soon as possible.
my very best regards
email me : [email protected]

Ibrahim.

________________________________________________________________________________
Chcete mít rychlé připojení k internetu? V průběhu 30 dnů si VYZKOUÅ EJTE ADSL od TISCALI. Více na http://www.atlas.cz/clickAD.asp?ad=49564

·
Banned
1,140 Posts
he don't need help...... SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Kick his @ss Seabass lol scam .............................................later,Dave

·
Registered
68 Posts
Pretty Stupid!

I actually worked with a guy that fell for it. They asked him to open a account so they could deposit a large sum of money in it and after six months they would withdraw it and he would get to keep 10%. Then they started asking him to "help them out" and started asking for money. They would increase the % he got to keep in exchange for some "small" advances. I think they got the guy for $18,000 according to him - if he admits to $18,000 probably was much more! He went to the cops and they basically told him he had been had. He is lucky this was 7 or 8 years ago - now days he would probably be thrown in jail for sending money to terrorist! LOL Guess that was an expensive lesson.

Andy

·
Premium Member
40,476 Posts
Do not respond to any of these SCAMS!!

They are broadcast to as many as possible, when you respond, they know they have a valid email and a person, they will send you every email and pass you to every other scam artist out there and the BEST you could come out is to loose every drop of money you own, it goes down from there. It does very little to report them, as the agencies are flooded with them everyday. Just delete and over time they will move on. You could if you feel like it, set up rules in your email but since they leapfrog it really won't do much good. I get them, and believe me, I have a higher level of security than most but I let my guard down in here because I trust everyone on this board.......................................

·
Registered
95 Posts
If my email is a throwaway account, I respond to them. I string them along with bogus information, make them waste a huge amount of time and energy trying to access a bunch of bad information.

I do the same thing with the fraudulent sites that ask for PayPal account info, credit card info... For example, I got an email asking that I resubmit my PayPal credit card and account info, and followed their link to a well designed but fraudulent web site with a bunch of info to fill out. So I filled it out with pure [email protected] About 8 times. I tried to make the info as close as possible to real numbers, but all bogus. For instance, I used a nonexistent address in St. Louis and made sure the area code and zip code I wrote down was St. Louis.

I figure if enough people did this, they would spend so much time chasing BS information that they would give themselves away.

Want to see a really funny site? Visit http://www.spamletters.com and be sure to read the Nigerian Scam Artists section. It'll have you rolling. He gets them so mad they threaten to put voodoo curses on him.

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That is hilarious Copzilla!

Everyone should visit the site you posted! When I saw that even my favorite character, Harry Potter, was being used to scam people....well, THAT'S IT!

I used to string them along, too. I probably still will. One of them I keep telling them that they were not providing enough details. (it was about our family name and an inheritance we had waiting in Nigeria) These emails went back and forth and back and forth. Since it was based on our family name I made up a humongous lie about not being able to give them information or claiming an inheritance until I could get in touch with relatives in Wisconsin, Sweden, etc., who would all be a part of this claim.

After a couple of weeks it finally dawned on them that I was answering a hoax with another hoax. They stopped sending me mail.

It's fun to string them along! BUT you cannot give them any additional information about yourself than they already have....your email address.

And it's true! When I first forwarded the mail to the FBI, as they were encouraging us to do, they were interested. But after a while, they stopped responding because they were flooded with the same reports.

One thing. If you are planning to forward scam to any agency, remember to first select SHOW ALL HEADERS. This is important information to an angency.

Responses here are fun and interesting!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts