2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man this is fun stuff! Here's a couple pre-finish pics of rod #2. A 7ft. M Matrix blank. Now I know that it came out to look like Notre Dame colors but I had to match the blank. The cross wrap is not perfect in spacing but I didn't think it too bad for my first attempt. My next rod will have maroon in it I can promise you that. Nothing fancy once again but it's getting a little easier and if it keeps raining around here I might have a whole new selection of rods and Ebay will have a few more listings on it. Constructive critcism always welcome! Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Registered
10,344 Posts
Dang, the "Fightin' Irish" ought to like that one! I understand about matching the blank color, just jerking your chain. Guide wrap looks good...I use a locking wrap on single foot guides for added security, but that's just me. I think your ready for a more complicated crosswrap on your next one! Keep it up! Need any rain down around Seguin? I spent Fri. night at BIL's ranch near Nixon...poured all night. Jerry

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did read about the locking wraps in Tom's book but didn't think about it while I was in the process. We'll see how it works.

Heck no we don't need any more rain. Can't believe I'd be saying that in July but man it's the truth.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts