2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Capt of the spyglass Potlicker club!
12,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You birds need to get here a few days sooner this year. Guess I need to hurry up and sweeten things up around the old pond. Season is sure getting close.
September Teal
Only Season
Statewide (Blue-winged, Green-winged and Cinnamon Teal): September 9-24
Dang only one week of dove this year before I get to pound the little rice rockets!
Lets all bow our heads and Pray for no Hurricanes to mess season up this year:D
By the way, still have an opening on a goose slot. It has a small pond but no guarantee on water for it. Mainly goose but in a awesome flyway. Don't have to worry about a guide taken the field when the birds show up either :D
PM's only- in G-wood

·
Bird Flu Eradication Team
2,299 Posts
my pond is dry, and i aint got any way to fill her up. Might have to do a little traveling for the tealies this year!!:cry:

·
12,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Deebo we have one that a for sure full pond. guarantee on it. It moe money though. Can't believe with all the rain the last few weeks over there it dry. I'm going Saturday to look around and do a little mowing. blind whacking etc. If he's hasn't started pumping the pond yet I may mow it a little. Last year we told him not to disc it and the bids love the grass. we just drove the four wheelers in it to knock down the grass around they would land in the open and head for cover of grass. They loved it.
First pic is grassiest side
second is more open

Attachments

·
Registered
5,498 Posts
We always know opening day at the lake....Sounds like fourth of July and New Years eve.....Great alarm clock...
I quit em a long time ago...but I enjoy the sounds.

Spout...How do you shoot with one Hand??? the other one always seems to be.....uh...Full. lol

·
Bird Flu Eradication Team
2,299 Posts
Spout, we are bone dry. We also hunt a little west of College Station, and it is even more dry out there. Even my back up spot (Somerville) is too low to hunt. I prefer not to go there cause its public, but we can always scratch out a mess of birds. This year it doesnt even look like that is an option. Looks like we will have to head to the coast for them this year.

That is a dang good looking hole too!

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
Daryl, what time should medulla and I show up on Sept 9? :D I really liked that pond, made for a sweet hunt. And I agree with you about leaving the grass in for cover.

·
12,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
9TH WILL BE WAR ZONE. oPENER IS A NO-NO, for da guest. And the dang dog darn it with all the darn snakes. Got thin them out for a few day then bring da dogs in. With enough Milo and corn I should be able to hold birds the whole 16 days for steady action. :D Come on fronts and go away hurricanes!

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
I can hold my own in a duck war zone! Only need time to get off four shots! ;) :D

·
12,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it takes me twelve. I have to shoot "The Marshalls" and "PatP" too!:wink: (ducking)
LOL

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
Oh - well I was already counting there's in with my 4 shots. I like to line em up! :D

The 4th shot was for your birds! ;)

·
12,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
capn said:
Oh - well I was already counting there's in with my 4 shots. I like to line em up! :D

The 4th shot was for your birds! ;)
I forgot about you skillet shooting capabilities! Bwahahahahaha!:slimer: !

And it's theirs! :rotfl:

·
Gold Star Member/Blue Star Ointment
1,746 Posts
Dang Spout, you slipped up and posted a pic of my ultra secret duck decoy...boooyyyeeee...LAMO

shoot me and Pat's birds...pppfffttt

·
Get the Net!
1,236 Posts
waterspout said:
Lets all bow our heads and Pray for no Hurricanes to mess season up this year:D
Amen to that brother! We got screwed out of half our teal season last year (which was turning out to be the best in three years) thanks to Rita and I'm looking forward to a full 16-day season to make up for last season.

That aside, I can't wait for teal season this year! Don't get me wrong I'm enjoying my summer fishing trips, but I can't wait to dust those little tealie birds come September. August can't go by quick enough in my book...:work:

·
Banned
324 Posts
I am with yall guys I cant wait until season opens. I am not looking forward to the mosquitoes and the marsh mud. Hopefully the teal will be as thick as mosquitoes. That might be worth it. Is anybody going to hunt Peach Point?

·
12,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No Peach Point here, I hate running to a stop with a sack of deeks on my shoulders. that's why why have Private. That way we keep these all to our self. This be our goose field and it's a hottie! These landed as we were leaving

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts