2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Charter Member
6,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A memorial service for Debbie will be held at the Friends Church on
Friday. Afterwards a reception will be held at Cheers.

Friends Church 10:30am Friday 23 July.

502 South Friendswood Drive (518)
Friendswood Texas.

The church is located in the centre of Friendswood on 518. Exit 45
south
on 2351 and proceed into Friendswood. Turn left on 518 and the church
will
be on the right immediately after the library, about a mile.

Cheers Following the memorial service

502 North Friendswood (518)

Cheers is also on 518. Leave the church and head North (turn left).
Cross
2351 and stay in the left lane. Cheers will be on your left; a
green(ish),
tatty looking building. Very family friendly.

In accordance with Debbies wishes, please observe the following:

- NO FLOWERS please, donations in-lieu to: Houston Hospice, 8811
Gaylord,
Suite 100

·
Registered
30,254 Posts
Many Thanks

to Jack for helping me through this.

Debbie and I are so fortunate to be surrounded by a number of families: Our real families, our work families, our church family, our local social family, and also our TTMB family. Each of these 'families' seems to have taken over various of the many tasks that occur at a time like this. I will never be able to thank them enough.

I do hope that some of y'all will be able to attend on Friday and share some time, in remembrance of Debbie, with members of our 'other' families.

steve

A little correction to Jacks post:
- NO FLOWERS please, donations in-lieu to:
Houston Hospice, 8811 Gaylord, Suite 100 Houston, TX 77024-2923

·
Old yellow member
2,273 Posts
Please Accept my condolance's Steve

I will be unable to attend do to the fact I will be out of town on Buisness, I know Debbie was a special person and she will be missed on this world. I wish you the best and if you need anything feel free to ask, we are all here for you.

FN

·
Administrator
23,848 Posts
Steve, if there is anything I can do or anything you need help with, please call me. I will be there on Friday, my friend.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Steve my friend...

I am so sorry to hear about Debbie. If there is anything I can do for you, please let me know what it is. May God wrap you and your family in his loving and comforting arms, to help ease your pain...You will be in my prayers tonight...VIC

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
The Biggest Guy In The House Will Be There To Hold You Up If Need Be.....

Monty. I would be there but I can't make it. I'm very weak. I'll break down and start crying like a fool and I don't even know you that well. This story line is too crushing for me. I promise I will be there in thought and prayer. There is one thing I want you to know, there is no reason to fear anything in this life. Christ died for all our sins for every human on Earth as long as we believe and have accepted Jesus as our savior. Your wife did; she will be in Heaven watching you and the girls grow and prosper until the day you all meet again!

For the rest of your life, it will be important for you to make her proud and happy at the successes she observes until that day. May God in Heaven Bless You and Your Daughters and May He Guide You and Make You Strong throughout your lives in the way of Our Savior, Jesus Christ. Amen. CF?

·
Administrator
23,848 Posts
It's OK to cry at funerals. I have never been to one when I didn't shed tears. Without a doubt, I will shed many more tears for Debbie, she was one fine lady. I had my finest suit and best shirt cleaned today. I will wear both in honor of a great persons passing into a better life, this Friday.

·
When it rains, I let it.
2,861 Posts
Steve, I will be there. She was a special Lady. She was so helpful to me on a couple of occasions, and I will miss her. Prayers and strength to you and the girls.

Rick

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks

Hi everyone , this is Steve's Dad over here in Aberdeen , U.K. His Mam and I would just like to say a big thank you to all who have given and are giving your very kind support to him . We appreciate it very much as I know he does. It is a comfort to us that he has such fine friends around him.

·
When it rains, I let it.
2,861 Posts
Sir, your son is one of the finest folks I know. I have enjoyed many a good conversation with him and Debbie. I am glad to call him a friend. Your family is in our prayers.

·
Charter Member
6,663 Posts
Brian, Steve is a fine man and a good friend to us all. In the time we have had to get to know him and Debbie, we have grown very fond of them. They have both, for some time now, been a vital part of this family. I use the term "family" because, except in terms of blook relations, that is exactly what we are. And, as in any family, when one member is in need, the rest of us circle the wagons, so to speak and help the one in need as best we may. Most of us here at TTMB, including me and my family, have had occasion to need the loving support that can be found here. Together we have all learned how powerful the prayers and support from other can be.

We will stand by Steve indefinitely and he will always have his friends in here, as well as his work friends and other personal friends to call on if needed. We all understand that we are all in this "thing" together and we look out for each other as we can. Right now our prayers and thoughts go out for Debbies family and for your family.

If there is anything that you can think of that any of us can do to help, all you have to do is post up here. I or someone will be more than glad to help in any way we can.

God Bless and keep you.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Mr. Mountain, I can't help but answer your message..

As Jack said, Steve is one of us, one of many who care about each other and love the same things.. We are a fishing board, but not only a fishing board. So many times we are here for each other for so many other things.. Small or large, it doesn't matter. I have personally been the recipient of the kind hearts that are here.. Steve and Debbie were special to all of us.. We will all miss her.. Her smile, her laugh, and her attitude.. Steve will need us all, family, friends, ect.. We will be there for him.. Peace.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Please excuse my thread.. I'm not ready to be over this !!

I felt we filled steves wishes this evening.. I personall am not ready to let this thread go..

So. I state a rememberence.. All of us. So many of us, meeting at Sherlocks Bar on Bay Area Blvd.. Mont even showed up to show his support of his own board.. We started this little gathering on the board that afternoon.. "Meet at sherlocks, $1.00 beer, any kind any cause.. Steve and Debbie were the first ones there.. Steve ( god bless him),. loved his beer.. Especially special beer.. We talked about it, and laughed about it.. That was Mary and I's first social meeting with this couple.. We left that night knowing that Steve and his wife were friends forever !.. I am here to state that forever can still be forever.. I love you Steve and am her for you.. Peace my friend.. Peace....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts