1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
1 teaspoon dry mustard

Wet ingredients:
2 eggs beaten
1/4 cup mayo
2 teaspoons of Worcestershire

Instructions:
Mix dry ingredients
then add Blue meat and blend gently so as not to break up meat lumps. Add wet ingredients and stir in gently.
Form into 8 cakes.
Heat 2 tablespoons of butter or margarine in a frying pan and bring to a sizzle. Add cakes and reduce heat to medium (the butter or margarine should be bubbling at the base of the cakes). Cook on one side until golden brown then turn (add another tablespoon of butter or margarine if necessary). Again cook until golden brown.

Serve with saltines, mustard and ice cold beer or your other favorite beverage.
(a big thanks to JD and the Mowire)

·
Colossians 3
1,364 Posts
I'm gonna grill two of the fat ones tonight I did not freeze. Mushrooms, onions, green peppers out of the garden, with Italian dressing and a dash of soy sauce and lemon pepper. Uncle Ben will help with the Rice. Got some NY Cheesecake in the freezor for dessert.

If it ain't good, I'll let you know...

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My imagination and taste buds are running wild Fishman!
I have never tasted Bluefish. Actually my favorite "snack" fish dish is smoked Kingfish. I think they run in the fall and winter here. We used to fish under the bridge where the intercoastal ran. About the only thing the boys, their dad and I would ever go home with was pants full of chiggers...better known as "no-see-ums" in some parts of Florida. Those things are HORRIBLE! I've had quite a few skin infections from chiggers. You can't avoid them in dry weather.
But there was one great compensation!
Heading west on the Causeway going home we always stopped at the smoke house to see if they had any Kingfish. We always carried fresh apples when we fished. So we'd snack on Kingfish and slices of apple all the way home.
So we may not have gotten anything worthwhile on our lines...but we never cared...unless they were out of Kingfish.

·
Colossians 3
1,364 Posts
I have a Aunt & Uncle in Orlando who talks about the Florida fishing, both fresh & saltwater. They have so much variety and have really enjoyed it too. Tey are both 80+ years old and do not venture out as much anymore. They talk about the snook fishing alot.

Chiggers? you spell it right but we pronounce it JIGGERS. Oh yeah, them little beast will itch you to death.

Many people don't like bluefish. We both think there ain't nothing like fresh blues. They don't freeze well, or very long, if you do not prepare them for freezing. They are like gray trout, soft and will fall apart quickly.

You ever ate Toadfish? Those are excellent yet many will cuss & kick a toadfish if they catch one. hard to clean buth worth it.

G

·
AJ, Don't forget that TTMB has a recipe board. It would be nice if you posted the recipes there as well as here. :)

Is this really you?

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Will be happy to put the recipes on the other board, too, JAW!

Lookout, I have a ton of 'em including "secret" family recipes. One of the things about the "Mellen" girls (my maiden name) we spent hours in the kitchen learning from our Mom. She was the best start-from-scratch cook in the whole universe!

As for the photo....of course it's really me! How coul you doublt it for one second?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts