2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been fishing for a couple of years up here in Galveston East Bay but have yet to catch more than a couple of fish. My two kids and I fished on 05/20/04 around Yates Bayou and Fat Rat Pass. Not a single fish worth mentioning. I plan to go on 05/27/04 and give it another try. Can anyone give me some areas or GPS locations to at least catch a few specks. I would appreciate any pointers.

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
Spoil banks

off the ship channel with bait is about a sure thing if it is not blown out. That's what the croaker guides do in the summer. Or the reefs in East Bay if not blown out or too fresh. Good for a few for sure.

·
Tight Lines, CaptDoug
2,022 Posts
The areas you are speaking of are normally good ares. The last couple of weeks have been bad for just about everyone. The fish are real scattered right now. It should start picking up soon as the wind lays for a couple of days. Other good areas are the reefs in East Bay, Hannas, Deep Reef, Peppers etc. Just be patient and keep trying new areas.

·
Capt of the spyglass Potlicker club!
12,606 Posts
Texas city north side is holding fish, of the channel in that area is holding fish, south shore west bay at night under light is hot! sorry that the most I can give you without getting shoot! But it should get you in the area just pay close attention to your area and the bait.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts